Andy_L
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Advice for new T8S tonematch user

Hi There

Hope you can help. I have just taken delivery of a T8S to go with the L1 model II I use for pub gigs here in the UK. I have a couple of rather basic questions I would appreciate some help with.

1 - The download presets that I have found say they are T1 presets. Are these compatible with the T8S too or is there another section I have not yet discovered?!

2 - I occasionally use a standard Taylor acoustic guitar and have a Seymour Duncan 'Woody' sound hole pick up for easy amplification. Are there any presets suitable for this pickup?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Andy

edit: to product model number to facilitate searches

3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Advice for new T8S tonematch user

Hi Andy,

Thank you for joining the Bose Pro Portable PA Community and congratulations on getting your T8S.

Andy L posted:

Hi There

Hope you can help. I have just taken delivery of a T8S to go with the L1 model II I use for pub gigs here in the UK. I have a couple of rather basic questions I would appreciate some help with.

1 - The download presets that I have found say they are T1 presets. Are these compatible with the T8S too or is there another section I have not yet discovered?!

Yes, the T1® Presets are compatible with the T8S.

2 - I occasionally use a standard Taylor acoustic guitar and have a Seymour Duncan 'Woody' sound hole pick up for easy amplification. Are there any presets suitable for this pickup?

There isn't a ToneMatch Preset specifically for the Duncan Woody pickup.

Take a spin through the Taylor Guitar Presets. They are already installed in the T8S. 

• Turn the Rotary Selector to ToneMatch.
  • Scroll through the categories. Taylor Guitars is send from the last.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Andy

I'm happy you joined us.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Andy,

One more thing: Please update your T8S to the latest firmware to get the full functionality.  Here are the instructions.

T4S / T8S firmware updates

ST

Esparka
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2005

Great question from Andy.  

ST, please elaborate.   Is there a specific location for the T8 presets/updates? So far, you stated that the T1 presets are compatible.  I understand that the T8 is stereo.  

We've started a new discussion for this question. Please see:

ToneMatch® Presets - Mono and Stereo

Thank you.