iowaacousticbrb
Registered since

Mar 9, 2016

Any experience using the TC Helicon Play Acoustic with L1B1?

Hello -

I am looking into purchasing a TC-Helicon-Play-Acoustic-Effects and would love your input if you've used it with the L1? Currently, I am only using an RC-20 loop station, no effects on the guitar and usually a tiny bit of reverb on the vocals (12%-15% w/45% body). Any and all input would be helpful!

2 REPLIES 2
Mr__Hoon
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Re: Any experience using the TC Helicon Play Acoustic with L1B1?

I've been using my TC through Channel 1 for vocals and Channel 2 for guitar for a couple of years now. I use the vocal effects in the TC and shut them off on the T1. I use the Rez in the TC and some other limited TC coloring for the guitar. I also run it through a TC chorus pedal for certain tunes before it hits the T1. BTW, I also shut off the effects on Channel 2 on the T1. I have been very pleased with it.

In addition to the above, I have a Soundcraft board that I use to run three addition vocals through Channel 3. I do use the T1 effects on those. Likewise, Channel 4 gets an acoustic bass, acoustic guitar and small percussion routed through it from the Soundcraft board. Most of the sound shaping for both 3 and 4 is done on the board, with the T1 used for some reverb, delay, and EQ. 

Solo or with the group, the rig works great and the TC has been rock solid and a great addition for backing vocals. 

My two cent...

dichotomy
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Re: Any experience using the TC Helicon Play Acoustic with L1B1?

Yes. I use it with the L1 module 2 setup. It works great. Just take the two outputs from the "Play Acoustic" box and plug the, into two of the inputs of the "ToneMatch." I don't use a mixing board, but I am sure it,s the same.