rogueacoustic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Are my input levels too low - Can you judge anything by what you see?

Hi. I’m relatively new to the Bose system. I’ve got an L1S with a T4S and have been using it for a year, but without any time to delve into its capabilities. Basically, turning it on and flying blind. I’m trying little by little to learn. I’ve been trying to get away with using all of my past experience with conventional PA’s. 

So, when I first fired up, I adjusted my gains per channel by backing off a bit from red (ch1 is lead vocal, ch2 is back vocal, ch3 is acoustic guitar, ch4 is stompbox). I had my master around 11 o’clock and then used channel volumes to mix. It worked fine, but it seemed to compress out at times while not being very loud.

I read about setting the master around 2 o’clock and mixing from there. That has helped quite a bit. No more of the compression issues. But I know I still don’t have things set optimally. 

I had some time today, so I powered up the T4S just to look thru some things. I came across the Preferences menu and the input/output gain meters. What I see kinda shocked me. Can you tell by the pics what I’ve got going on that’s wrong? I say wrong because it sure looks like my input levels are very low. 

675E7250-F45A-4DAD-B6A9-49ECEFF3467041299A64-A9A8-4329-838A-4CF9944FBF2A59AD7012-99CE-4D65-B408-D0F97F6B94A4

Edit Subject: Previously "Can you judge anything by what you see?"

Bose Pro Community Admin  

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Are my input levels too low - Can you judge anything by what you see?

Hi, rogueacoustic.

It looks like your input trim settings may be a little low.

Check out this video - this is equally applicable to the T4S.

Does that help?
ST

Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Re: Are my input levels too low - Can you judge anything by what you see?

Hi, Carlos de Castro,

Please see this new discussion for your question.

What the ideal setting is for the trim setting on the power stand

Thank you.

Bose Pro Community Admin