Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Re: Aux In channels on the T8S question

PS. I’m not gonna have time to do any updates on any of my Bose equipment. As far as I can tell, you are saying all will still work fine ! (?)

cheers !

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Snake Hips,

Updating the L1 isn't a priority unless you're using a B2.

If you've rehearsed everything you need to do with the T8S, then update it after the gig. But there are some features and updates that you'll want sooner than later.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Hi again !

Just to finish the story, the gig on Friday was GREAT !

Small bar, and our trio had to cram into a small enclosed space, with fixed seating built into 3 sides of the space. Our Bose L1mk2 and two B1’s, one T1 Tonematch and one T8S Tonematch, an 88’s e.piano (Roland RD800), 6 guitars and a mandolin, 2 guitar amps (one on top of my 2xB1 stack), 2 mics (no room for a 3rd !), assorted harmonicas, a washboard & a jug ! Oh, and we had to fit the three of us in too ! My eldest bandmate sat to the side and slightly behind the L1 (not ideal but no where else !).

The bar was busy but luckily ready for some music. Despite us and the L1 crammed together, we had an excellent sound and the vocals, as ever, were crystal clear, allowing me to really sing well.

We were presented with 3 power sockets on a reel, sourced from one wall socket for ALL our power needs. My bandmate plugged his T1 Tonematch directly into the digital input of the L1, and my T8S Tonematch plugged into the Analogue input. Piano in mono as no room for any more speakers. 

So my bandmate used 3 of his T1 channels, and 4 channels of the T8s were also used. Could have done it all just on the T8S, but my bandmate has his T1 set up for his needs.

Just an all-round great gig (our best yet) and the audience loved us and wouldn’t let us finish !

Many thanks again ST, for your endless help.

Saturday night, we played a support slot in a larger venue, with an in-house PA and sound guys. Hated that gig !! The sound mix/balance never felt anywhere near approaching how it sounds with the Bose L1 and Tonematches, and worst still after the soundcheck.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Snake Hips,

That's great news about your gig on Friday.  It sounds like all your preparation paid off. Thank you for coming back to tell us about it.

As for Saturday - been there, done that (last night).

All the best!

ST