Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

B2 speaker switching problems

I have an L1 model 2 with the B2 sub.  The B2 has a 3-way rocker switch, and my B2 speaker only operates in the middle mode.  I understand that this is a software issue.  However, after a number of downloads, etc. it is still not working correctly.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  My Tonematch and my L1 powerbase unit have indicated that the software update worked....but I really don't have any way of verifying the upgrade.  What are the specific downloads needed to make this system functional.  Any link you could provide would be great.  I prefer to only hear responses from people who have actually successfully done the software upgrade. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: B2 speaker switching problems

Hi wfs,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Do you get any sound when you change the position of the switch?

Are you using the blue cable that came with the B2? If you use a third-party cable, that could be the problem.

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

What version is your Power Stand?

1. Turn the Rotary Selector to Prefs

2. Press the first button

3. Turn the first button until you see Power Stand

4. Press the button
  5. The version is displayed.

The latest versions add support for the B2 Bass Module

The latest Power Stand EQ: 1.0.4
The latest Power Stand Firmware: 1.4

If you have Power Stand Firmware 1.4 or 1.5 you do not need to update your Power Stand.

1.5 Some Model II Power Stands have been shipped with version 1.5 - if you have this, you are fine. Do NOT update your Power Stand.

1.4 If you are at 1.4 - that is the latest user-updateable version. Do NOT update your Power Stand.

If you do not have version 1.4 or 1.5 update your firmware at this link:

L1® Model II Power Stand Firmware Updates.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am using the blue supplied cable.  The +/- switch turns off the B2. the middle position plays just fine.  What I am  showing on my tonematch is that I don't have the EQ 1.0.4 installed although I am showing that I have the firmware, 1.4   Thus in the last picture #5 I have 1 out of 2 upgrades. I'm missing the EQ update.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi wfs,

Please follow this link. This shows you how to update the L1 Model II Power Stand to firmware version 1.4 and system EQ 1.04.

L1® Model II Power Stand Firmware Updates.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

And by the way, thank-you truly for your efforts.  bill

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

FIXED.  PROBLEM SOLVED.  I started with a fresh set of downloads from the resource you gave me.  When I downloaded this new batch of software, bingo, problem solved.  EQ 1.0.4  and the B2 is working perfectly.  thanks a bunch.  bill

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey Bill,

That's great news. Thanks for coming back to tell us you're okay.

Got a minute to tell us about your music?

Thanks,

ST