saxman123456
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

BOSE LINE OUT SOCKET

Hi 

I have a Scarlett Interface and a Bose s1 pro can you advise if by plugging a cable into the Bose S1 pro outlet socket with a split cable so there are to plugs left and right that go into the interface will this work as a studio monitor 

Thanks 

Kevin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dylan_R

Re: BOSE LINE OUT SOCKET

Author Accepted Answer selected by saxman123456

Hi saxman123456!

For the best recording setup, I recommend connecting your audio sources directly to the Scarlett interface. Then you can connect from the audio output on the Scarlett interface to the S1 Pro to use the system as a monitor speaker.

Bear in mind - the S1 Pro will play audio back in mono, so you would require two S1 Pro systems for stereo monitoring. 

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dylan_R

Author Accepted Answer selected by saxman123456

Hi saxman123456!

For the best recording setup, I recommend connecting your audio sources directly to the Scarlett interface. Then you can connect from the audio output on the Scarlett interface to the S1 Pro to use the system as a monitor speaker.

Bear in mind - the S1 Pro will play audio back in mono, so you would require two S1 Pro systems for stereo monitoring. 

Hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

saxman123456
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

When.  connecting my Bose as a monitor which connections on the Bose do I use? 

Dylan_R

Hi saxman123456!

The S1 Pro is a mono speaker system, so it's line output would only be a mono signal.

If you would like to use the S1 Pro as a studio monitor, I recommend connecting your audio sources directly into the Scarlett interface, then connecting from the output of the Scarlett into the S1 Pro.

Hope this helps!