ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Backdrops & Banners - How do you do it?

Hi HellBoy,

Do you have pictures of the your "Times Square" sign?

And I'd be interested to know more the Laser Display. I doing a search on the web and found things that might work in the dark or a DJ show, but I must not have found what you are talking about.

Thanks.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I was playing with a buddy at a sports bar last night. He runs a line out of his camera into the bar's video system and he puts his (very nice looking) logo onto the in house big screen TV behind the stage.
hellboy
Registered since

Jan 16, 2008

Hi ST, pretty much talking about this:

LED SIGN

The particular one we have is not made anymore (got it awhile ago) but there's certainly a great range of signs from THIS Website.
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

I did this banner years back in Corel Draw and had two made, the small one here and a large one. I keep them rolled up in some sturdy cardboard tubes.
I used to have a PVC pipe frame but got tired of carrying it around and now just use a couple of bungie cords. I also carry nails and a hammer if a place allows it and I have suction cups to stick to glass.

In the picture, notice the guy sitting in front facing the Bose, he said he was waiting on the show to start and I told him it was going to get a little "intense" where he was sitting. He hung in there for about three songs. Eek
tightropetom
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2007

[IMG:left]http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/5300032266/inlineimg/Y/IMG_1643_-_Copy_(2).JPG[/IMG]

I like the stage boundary. Did you make it? What did you use?
Mister_D
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2010

Hey ST,
Most of the venues I play are halls or banquet rooms that do not have a designated stage per say. I do not do the clubs or bars anymore so i was needing to create a barrier of some kind to seperate me from the dance area. I play weddings, anniversaries, private parties mainly. If I rush I can get set up in 45 to 60 minutes. Less if I do not set up my banner and backdrop.
I could probably fit it all into a mid-size car.
quote:
Originally posted by ST:
Hey ther Mister "D",

It looks like you've got all your stage covered, lights, backdrop, banner and perimeter.

What kinds of places are you playing? How long does it take to set up? Does all of that fit into a passenger car?
Mister_D
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2010

quote:
Originally posted by tightropetom:
[IMG:left]http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/5300032266/inlineimg/Y/IMG_1643_-_Copy_(2).JPG[/IMG]

I like the stage boundary. Did you make it? What did you use?

I used 1/4" pegboard. Just because that is what I had on hand. I cut them 30" tall, left 2 of them 48" and cut one 47" on the end so I could fold it up. I used some heavy duty 3" nylon strapping and 1/4" bolts to hook them together. A little spray paint and speaker cloth. I will eventually get 3 small banners for it ot 1 banner and drape some black cloth over the other 2 sides.
stos2
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2010

theleo,

What you have is kinda what I had in mind. Subtle but effective. These are all great ideas.
hellboy
Registered since

Jan 16, 2008

Sorry about the bad link to the LED Sign - here's a youtube Video of ours (REAL old) but you get a great look at the sign in action in the first 30 secs or so.....

YOUTUBE VID
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi hellboy,

The video was lots of fun. Thanks for posting that. It looks like you put on a very energetic, entertaining show.

quote:
Originally posted by hellboy:
Sorry about the bad link to the LED Sign - here's a youtube Video of ours (REAL old) but you get a great look at the sign in action in the first 30 secs or so.....

YOUTUBE VID

I'd be interested to know more the Laser Display. I doing a search on the web and found things that might work in the dark or a DJ show, but I must not have found what you are talking about.

Thanks.