ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Band with 3 L1®s - improving setup?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for using The Sketcher! Here is your Sketch.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model I/Classic
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue ringed numbers are Channel connections to/from the Classic and Model I Systems.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting tom nag from The Sketcher
quote:
this is the way i've been laying out our stage set up. two model 1's on either side and one classic in back running thru a mixer with mono left and right going to front L1's (center panned), and monitor send to rear L1 (for seperate volume and EQing). I've read about the mono thing being bad for the best possible sound clarity (pan L & R) so I know there is a better way to run the L1's. Should I eliminate the mixer, guitar amps and run everything direct to the L1's along with moving them all the way to the back? How would I control the volume? Use the remotes? It is a little difficult to go back to the L1's for mixing purposes when giging live.
We are a classic rock band with a harder edge. I would appreciate any help on getting a better sound. (I mean it sounds great now, but I know it can be batter).
NOTE the two kick drum mics, 80's dude with double bass LOL
Thanks, Tom
2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Band with 3 L1®s - improving setup?

Hi Tom,

Just checking. Do you have four vocalists like this?

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model I/Classic
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue ringed numbers are Channel connections to/from the Classic and Model I Systems.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.
tomnag
Registered since

Nov 30, 2009

Re: Band with 3 L1®s - improving setup?

Sorry for the late reply. did not find that you replied to me until now. I thought I got lost in the shuffle.
To answer your question, YES, this is the set up right now. Open to any suggestions. Note: two kick mics, drummer is a double kick guy.
Thanks, Tom