Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Battery hinders proper function

I've had the S1 pro for about 2 weeks and worked fine upon initial testing and has yet to even leave my house.

I have in issue it seems with the battery. Now I know much has been posted about the battery drainage issue.....but I'm not convinced this is the same problem.

I've been using the speaker plugged into an outlet o dial in sounds during practice for an upcoming performance. Last night it worked fine. This morning I plugged in and got no sound. It powers on only while plugged in. The power light lights up, but the bluetooth light does not engage or connect. It cannot be found on the Bose connect app. The first channel displays a yellow light even when nothing is plugged in. channel 2 and the aux channel is unresponsive. the battery does not charge when put into quick-charge mode.

If i uninstall the battery and plug into an outlet however it appears to function as normal. upon reinstalling the battery the above mentioned problems reaper and the unit is unusable.

What is going on?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Battery hinders proper function

Hi RoofGardenStudio,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

I'm sorry you have a problem with the S1 Pro when the battery is installed. What you have described is not normal - and it's definitely not the battery drain issue that has been discussed elsewhere.

You can try the S1 Pro Reset procedure, but it sounds like you have already performed the steps while troubleshooting.

It appears you are in China, so I recommend you contact the Bose dealer where you got the S1 Pro to return and exchange it for a new unit.

I'm sorry, there's nothing more we can do to help you with this problem online.

ST