Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Best Combo for Tyros 4 + Vocals

I'm a newbie in the group - what a wealth of info in here!!!

I'd like to get your input... I'm a one-man band using a Tyros 4 and vocals.  Sometimes, a guitarist will join me.  I play to audiences up to about300 people.  I currently have a big Roland RC 550 k/b amp (great bass punch), with a separate Behringer passive amp driving 300W speakers for the vocals.  That RC 550 gets heavier every night, and the Behringer combo is not exactly a great sound.  So, I'm trying to decide which BOSE system to select  I'm currently looking at the L1, M2, B1 combo, but I am wondering if the B1 will have enough bass punch in a full house - esp at the end of the night when the volume is up.  How about 2xB1s?  But will 2xB1's have the same bass punch as a B2?  As far as a T1 is concerned, will I get enough equalization range from the T1 for the Tyros, and Vocals, and a possible guitarist?  Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Re: Best Combo for Tyros 4 + Vocals

Go for the B2. It doesn't matter if you use 4 B1, they still not gonna sound as full as the B2. Big difference in sound.

With a Bose L1 model II and a B2, and a T1 or T4S, T8S, you're not gonna need so much eq. It gonna sound good from the start. But there are good EQ possibilities with the mixers. The new T4/T8 have even better/more eq options.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Limbo posted:

I'm a newbie in the group - what a wealth of info in here!!!

I'd like to get your input... I'm a one-man band using a Tyros 4 and vocals.  Sometimes, a guitarist will join me.  I play to audiences up to about300 people.  I currently have a big Roland RC 550 k/b amp (great bass punch), with a separate Behringer passive amp driving 300W speakers for the vocals.  That RC 550 gets heavier every night, and the Behringer combo is not exactly a great sound.  So, I'm trying to decide which BOSE system to select  I'm currently looking at the L1, M2, B1 combo, but I am wondering if the B1 will have enough bass punch in a full house - esp at the end of the night when the volume is up.  How about 2xB1s?  But will 2xB1's have the same bass punch as a B2?  As far as a T1 is concerned, will I get enough equalization range from the T1 for the Tyros, and Vocals, and a possible guitarist?  Thanks in advance!

Keep in mind that the B2 is quite heavy ... I rented one just to see how it would work. It does sound better - no question there. I (and this is just me) found it too heavy to carry around. I use 2xB1 with my L1M2 and it works fine for me as a soloist.

If size/weight is an issue, you may want to do a test run with a B2 (rent one for a few days) and see how that works for you, before buying.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

For a room of 300 people, you'll need what we use, L1 model II. The B1 base modual is plenty, but the B2 is only $175 more. Easy set up, no need for monitors in most cases, sounds better than anything I've heard and is the go to unit for those that can afford it.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Many thanks to all for the valuable responses.....  just wondering if you had any thoughts about using the Tonematch for the Tyros/Vocals/etc inputs?