cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcav
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Best way to connect two S1 Pro speakers for left and right sound with one Bose Sub 2 ?

Hi, Whats the best way to connect two S1 Pro speakers for left and right sound with one Bose Sub 2 to play music from a computer or from a phones bluetooth? 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: Best way to connect two S1 Pro speakers for left and right sound with one Bose Sub 2 ?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

Hello bcav,

There are a couple of ways to do it.

You mentioned using either a computer or phone's Bluetooth.  We'll cover those separately.

Will you be connecting the computer to a mixer/DJ controller to manage the volume and tone?  If so, I'd the left and right mains of your source to the Line Ins 1 and 2 on the Sub2, then run a lead from each Line Output on your Sub2 to to the left and right S1 Pro, respectively.  I would center the Sub2 between the two S1 Pro's and have the S1 Pro's on separate stands (but I wouldn't space the S1 Pro's too widely.)  Be sure to activate the Sub2's "S1 Pro EQ mode" (page 10 of the manual.)  This is optimum, as it engages a high-pass filter to keep too many low frequencies from passing to the S1 Pro's.

Using your phone's Bluetooth may be a little different, as the S1 Pro's have Bluetooth receivers whereas the Sub2 doesn't.

• You could get a third-party Bluetooth receiver, connect it to your mixer, pair your mobile device to it, and connect everything as above.  This would provide the best overall sound and optimum performance.
  • You can use the Bose Connect App to pair your mobile device directly to the S1 Pro's, and connect the S1 Pro's Line Outs to the Line Ins 1 and 2 on the Sub2.  In this configuration, your S1 Pro's will be handling bass frequencies along with the Sub2.  If you reduce the bass via the tone controls on your S1 Pro's, it will also will turn down the bass passed to the Sub2.

I noticed you asked about a mixer in a different post.  Any quality mixer should work fine for your application.  It all depends on the number of channels you need for mics (if any), DJ controllers, Bluetooth receivers, instruments (if any), etc.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: Best way to connect two S1 Pro speakers for left and right sound with one Bose Sub 2 ?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

Hello bcav,

There are a couple of ways to do it.

You mentioned using either a computer or phone's Bluetooth.  We'll cover those separately.

Will you be connecting the computer to a mixer/DJ controller to manage the volume and tone?  If so, I'd the left and right mains of your source to the Line Ins 1 and 2 on the Sub2, then run a lead from each Line Output on your Sub2 to to the left and right S1 Pro, respectively.  I would center the Sub2 between the two S1 Pro's and have the S1 Pro's on separate stands (but I wouldn't space the S1 Pro's too widely.)  Be sure to activate the Sub2's "S1 Pro EQ mode" (page 10 of the manual.)  This is optimum, as it engages a high-pass filter to keep too many low frequencies from passing to the S1 Pro's.

Using your phone's Bluetooth may be a little different, as the S1 Pro's have Bluetooth receivers whereas the Sub2 doesn't.

• You could get a third-party Bluetooth receiver, connect it to your mixer, pair your mobile device to it, and connect everything as above.  This would provide the best overall sound and optimum performance.
  • You can use the Bose Connect App to pair your mobile device directly to the S1 Pro's, and connect the S1 Pro's Line Outs to the Line Ins 1 and 2 on the Sub2.  In this configuration, your S1 Pro's will be handling bass frequencies along with the Sub2.  If you reduce the bass via the tone controls on your S1 Pro's, it will also will turn down the bass passed to the Sub2.

I noticed you asked about a mixer in a different post.  Any quality mixer should work fine for your application.  It all depends on the number of channels you need for mics (if any), DJ controllers, Bluetooth receivers, instruments (if any), etc.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

bcav
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Thank you!! Are there any mixers that you would recommend for this setup? 

Could use the mixer to manage the volume and tone. Don't have any other mics or inputs needed. except for maybe a bluetooth receiver. 

Thank you again!  

Dylan_R

Hi bcav,

For a Bluetooth stereo setup with two S1 Pros and a Sub2, you could also try the setup mentioned here.

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!