djtom
Registered since

Mar 17, 2010

BlueTooth anyone?

So here is my question. We use a Mac Book pro and my Bluetooth update just popped up and I started to wonder….
Could I eliminate the need for wires from the computer to the speaker if I plugged in a BlueTooth receiver into the L1’s?
This would allow me to place the L1’s anywhere and not be limited by the length of my wire… What are your thoughts? I’m open to any suggestions.

Tom
6 REPLIES 6
savanshah
Registered since

Mar 31, 2008

Re: BlueTooth anyone?

That's a crazy idea!
musicdan
Registered since

May 3, 2004

You are limited by 30 feet though, and from the bluetooth devices I have used, the signal isn't that good. But if you try it then let us know how it works.

In theory it will work.

I have used my Airport Express Base Station for Djing, only for dinner music, since I have to use itunes. I could use Airfoil but that creates a delay. I use it when I am also invited to the wedding and I have a seat for dinner next to my wife. I hook up the audio out of the Express and hook it up to my mixer. Then I take my Mac, go sit down and play songs from iTunes. If I need to make any announcements, I turn the volume in the mac down, whip out my wireless Shure SM 58 and start talking. It is really cool, just don't let anyone in the table close your laptop.
BanjoJames
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2006

Here is what I post two weeks ago.

Posted Wed April 21 2010 08:47 AM
I have been working on new combinations using my MacBook Pro 13, Blackberry Gateway Bluetooth (around $35) and T1. Weather playing back music thru iTunes, MixMiester or any other software it works very good.

Basically, the built-in bluetooth has the ability to transmit and receive at broadband speed and act as a USB cable. The Blackberry Gateway has a 1/8" stereo plug out which can connect to any analog device. If using the T1 then it can go either way. Use it to record whatever the T1 is playing (think Garage Band) and send it back to the laptop via the bluetooth.

When pumped up in my house thru the L1 it sounds real good, no static. If the laptop gets too far away then the signal just dies. I'm good for distances of about 30 feet.

The same works for my Blackberry Storm 1 phone's bluetooth, I get extremely high quality music transmission. I can see this scenario working well at a party with music tracks playing. You can walk around while controlling which tracks to play and at what volume.

I did not realize how high quality the new bluetooth devices are until now. The system can send and receive large files, pictures or whatever you want to send without a cable. The systems can (if setup this way) link up automatically whenever you are in range. This is way more then just a remote control.
jeremyg1
Registered since

Mar 26, 2007

interested in seeing a video on how everything is hooked up and sound quality. . .
hellboy
Registered since

Jan 16, 2008

Oh that is GOLD!

GREAT IDEA!!!!
BanjoJames
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2006

I'll try to get a video up soon.