cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drclean
Registered since

Apr 1, 2014

Bluetooth Receiver Suggestions

I'm getting ready for my 1st wedding since buying my L1M2's. I am providing music for the wedding as well as the reception. They are getting married in a gazebo where I will set up a microphone and play their wedding music. Does anyone use a Bluetooth receiver? Do they work effectively? Is one brand better then the others?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Re: Bluetooth Receiver Suggestions

I might trust wireless but I'm not sure I would ever do a ceremony with Bluetooth from what I understand the music quality is not as good. And the options are very limited that I would even think of for a ceremony. Once glitch or drop out and you might be SOL. I would think of going a different option. If your stuck on that then maybe look at one of the Alto speakers or even the ALTO wireless setup. I have that and so far the quality seems very good.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Drclean,

I use Bluetooth in non-critical applications over a very short distances (e.g. from my Surface Tablet to Bluetooth speakers). Typically this would be a matter of inches to a couple of feet. Despite what the specifications say I haven't found it to be reliable beyond 20 feet.

Here are a couple of articles that should interest you.

Bluetooth audio vs. wires

Does Bluetooth Audio Still ...?

And there are lots of choices for Bluetooth Receivers.
pocketjem
Registered since

Sep 3, 2013

These look promising for short distance bluetooth audio. They utilise APT-X Bluetooth technology for higher quality audio. They are also a reasonable price, but not sure if available in the USA.

http://www.7dayshop.com/avantr...with-aptx-technology