Brad_4
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Bluetooth output from L1

I' new here and sorry for dumb question.looking to connect external blue tooth speaker to receive output audio from L1? Is that possible?

10 REPLIES 10
Billp98201
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Bluetooth output from L1

Have you looked into Xvive wireless systems?

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

I don't think so and if there was the latency would probably make it unusable.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the interesting question.

Brad posted:

I' new here and sorry for dumb question.looking to connect external blue tooth speaker to receive output audio from L1? Is that possible?

It depends.

If you have an L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II, there is no line out you can use to connect a Bluetooth transmitter.  You would need a line-out from the mixer you are likely using with the L1.

If you have an L1 Compact, there are lines out on the back of the unit. You can connect these to a Bluetooth transmitter.

If the L1 Compact AND the remote Bluetooth loudspeaker can be heard by the same people, they will hear a noticeable delay from the sound from the remote loudspeaker. There are low-latency Bluetooth systems but for them to work, both the transmitter and receiver must support low-latency Bluetooth. However, even with low-latency Bluetooth, there will be a delay.  If the remote loudspeakers are in a different room, the delay probably won't matter.

There are other wireless technologies (not Bluetooth) that may have better performance. I'll leave it to others to offer suggestions about those kinds of systems.

What model L1 do you have?

Do you already have Bluetooth loudspeakers?

Are you planning to use the Bluetooth loudspeakers in the same room as the L1?

Are you planning to use the L1 and remote loudspeakers for spoken word, live music, or recorded music?

ST

Brad_4
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

We are a small church using L1 1s, tone match t8s and base.  We use this system for music before service and voice for the message. We need to broadcast the message out to the hallway wirelessly if that's possible. We have a soundlink speaker now but could go with something else if that's not possible.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Brad,

If you don't expect people to be listening intently to the sound in the church and the sound in the hallway at the same time, you might be able to use Bluetooth.

You can get a Bluetooth transmitter (preferably a long-distance, low-latency unit). Connect it to the T8S headphone output.  If you have a Soundlink Bluetooth loudspeaker, it likely does not support low-latency Bluetooth so the delay will be noticeable to someone listening to the L1 and the Soundlink Bluetooth loudspeaker in the hall. That may not matter considering your application.

Here is an example of a Bluetooth transmitter that appears to have all the right capabilities.  I haven't tried this one - so I can't endorse or recommend this particular unit.

ST

Brad_4
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

This may do the trick! Which brand have you tried and therefore recommend? Will we have the same delay if we connect to a iphone or some other device through Bluetooth ?

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Brad,

Brad posted:

This may do the trick! Which brand have you tried and therefore recommend?

I don't have a recommendation for a specific brand. I have other wireless solutions (not Bluetooth). Those solutions are much more expensive because they use different technology and they have almost no latency (delay).

Will we have the same delay if we connect to a iphone or some other device through Bluetooth ?

Yes there will be a delay, but you won't notice it because you are only hearing the sound through one device.

ST

Brad_4
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Thanks for all your help! I think this is the answer.

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Now , if I could only find a turntable that plays a stack of my 45"s and I can hook up to my L1 Model 11 Bose Amp, Speaker system. Thanks