Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Bluetooth to Tonematch

Can you add a Bluetooth device to one of the input channels on a Tonematch connected to an L1 S2 to receive audio signal from an iPhone?

Thanks

Gordo

5 REPLIES 5
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Bluetooth to Tonematch

Yes, @Gordo , there are many companies including Bose that manufacturer high quality BlueTooth receivers.

Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

I use a Switchcraft 318BT AudioStix Bluetooth to XLR receiver.  It was the only one available when I purchased it a few years ago.  The 318BT has been rock solid for me and has really good range.  Since then there have been other mfg that have come out with similar products including Alto which is about half the price.  I purchased and donated one to my church choir though I haven't listened to the Alto critically.

The Switchcraft unit requires either Phantom Power or a MicroUSB external power supply.  One thing to note is the 318BT draws more current than some boards can supply on Phantom and may need to be plugged in using the external MicroUSB port for it to work.  My Mackie DL mixers provide plenty though when I loaned it to a friend using a Midas mixer they had to use the external supply.

The Alto Bluetooth Total unit has an internal battery so can be used without Phantom power.  It also has -10dB pad and power switches plus it can be paired and linked with a second unit using buttons.  Sound on Sound magazine reviewed the Alto unit in the April 2018 Magazine.

Note: The Switchcraft 318BT merges the stereo bluetooth signal to mono so all the content comes into the same input.  The Alto unit only plays one side of the bluetooth stereo signal so you will have to use two or merge the signal to mono go get all of the audio from a stereo source.

A simple Google search shows additional MFG.  Alto, JK Audio, On Stage, Rapco / Horizon and Switchcraft.

Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Yes, I use this one and works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Channels 4/5 

Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Daniel Proctor posted:

A simple Google search shows additional MFG.  Alto, JK Audio, On Stage, Rapco / Horizon and Switchcraft.

I researched the Rapco / Horizon unit a little bit and it is similar to the Switchcraft 318BT except it also has an internal battery with up to 11 hours battery run time in addition to Phantom and MicroUSB power capabilities so that might be the best choice of these units today.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Bethencourt posted:

Yes, I use this one and works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Channels 4/5 

I use the same bluetooth logitech with my iPhone ,have some noise when you stop the music? I think the name of sound is ''hum''. Sound parazite.

Thanks