Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Bose Compact Elevated?

Hello!

I have had a few "standing on the floor at audience level" church gigs lately (Just my acoustic guitar and vocal). I decided to try to elevate my Bose Compact to get up over people’s heads when they are standing (See pic). It's typical for people to stand at church when they are singing along with me.

This method seems to really help project sound and also helped reduce feedback issues. It felt like the bass/lows were a bit thinner? (Maybe my imagination)

Anyone else do this? Or something like it? What are your results / opinions?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Re: Bose Compact Elevated?

Hi. I usually position my L1 Compact over a small table about 24 -30 inches high at church. My feeling is the coverage is better this way. I ask people sitting at the end and they told me the sound was clear and nice and I am only using half way the volume. I use a small mixer for 3 singers mics and two guitars. I am talking about a mid size church about 100- 200 people.

Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2014

I have had excellent results with elevating L1 speakers.  I often use 2 L1 Compacts placed on 8" platforms to successfully cover an entire mid-size gymnasium (floor level area only, no bleachers in this gym).  I have used 2 L1 MII units on 24" platforms (B2s on ground next to them) to cover an area about 3/4 of a football field in size.  The results have always been great with lots of compliments on the coverage/sound quality.  If you want more bass, get a small powered sub (and keep it on the floor) to go with your elevated Compact.  There's nothing wrong with elevating the L1s when it can help the sound coverage for the event.  I only elevate when needed, but have had excellent results when doing it!   

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Thanks Jose 2 and SoundGeek, appreciate you commenting, great info! I'm not sure why it took so long for me to try this but I'm glad I did...

Cheers!