Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Bose Compact

Hey All, Just recently used my L1 Compact for the first time. Loved it. I currently DJ, host Karaoke and an Open Mic Night. I used the Compact on a slow karaoke night. Worked great. I also ran a powered sub off of this to fatten the lowend. I use a Yorkeville LS200 powered 10" sub. Pretty compact sub. My concern lies with how this will work out on a busy night. Which I will find out soon. I am currently waiting for my Tonematch Engine to be delivered. Cant wait to try it out. I am also selling a majority of my old PA stuff to get a L1 Model II. I feel pretty confident for what I do, that the Model II is the most I will ever need. I am always in the search to make things simpler. Pretty excited to sign up here on this site and see what some of you have come up with, for system setups.
10 REPLIES 10
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

Re: Bose Compact

Hello and Welcome to the Family,
I know that you are going to love the Compact. I will also tell you that the T1 Mixer will help with the "Fatting Up" sound you are looking for. I use the T1 with 2 Compacts in Dual Mono. I cannot tell you what a great sound I get. Some songs there is actually too much bass. If you are using them for a small club with less than 150 people, then I might suggest getting a second Compact and using it that way. The Yorkville sub can still be used (if you wanted too), but I bet you won't need it if you had 2 Compact units.
DrumrPete
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Hi macheted01,

Welcome to the forums!
Obviously, you are thinking correctly, a Compact and a Model II is a full arsenal, and will cover typical situations.
I have two of each, and carry one of each with me at all times, as they take up so little space.
I usually won't use them both together, it's one or the other, unless it's a full band needing backline support.
Then it will be the two Model IIs.

A couple years back, I toyed with getting an LS200, but the price and size/weight held me back.
I see they are cheaper now, but still, the weight...ugh.

I have the Bose Extended Bass Package, and thought maybe the Yorkville would be simpler.
However, I'm glad I never sprung for one, as I've scaled down and pretty much only use 2-B1s these days.
The "scalability" of the B1s is convenient for me, only dragging in what is needed.
Still, I've always wished I could try out the Yorkville.

I look forward to reading about your experiences with both your systems.
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Hey, Thanks Guys. Yeah, the Yorkeville was a real surprise to me. Way back when I first went into business DJing and stuff, a fella DJ wanted me to try out his Yorkeville Sub, because I just did not believe it. Well, the day after I returned his, I went and bought mine. So I have had it for quite some time and it works very well with the Compact, but it still defeats the purpose of the direction of where I am trying to go with this. While it is a lighter sub than most it is still bulky. That why I am gearing towards the Model II. I see there is a power amp that Bose has to power their subs, but have not checked out the specs on it yet. If it was small enough it would be a nice addition to the Compact with the B1 as well. I thought about two Compacts at first and then I decided to work towards the Model II. One at a time for me, right now.
I have a small SKB flight case that I would like to carry my laptop, hardrive, mixer, and wireless mic. Currently using one of the bigger SKB flight cases with all the above plus a crossover and power conditioner, which is kind of heavy. I know, just go to the gym and deal with it, bit I am 42 and starting to have lower back problems. I use a small Allen & Heath ZED mixer, but should be getting my T1 on Tuesday. So I will see where that takes me next.
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

So, I finally got to hook up my T1. All is I can say is awsome. I have not really had a chance to fully learn my way around it yet, but enough to see what it can do. So these are my thoughts. I can eliminate my old mixer. It appears I can run 3 mics, 2 guitars with the T1. I can have my music playback go directly into the rca ins on the compact, if I am not mistaken. So I know the T1 and the music playback will be sharing the same channel on the Compact, but I can just control the music playback volume from the computer itself. I need to sit down and go through the T1 manual yet, but I am curious. Can inputs 4/5 be controlled independently throught the T1 or they just set the same?
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi macheted01

quote:
Originally posted by macheted01:
So, I finally got to hook up my T1. All is I can say is awsome.

I have not really had a chance to fully learn my way around it yet, but enough to see what it can do. So these are my thoughts. I can eliminate my old mixer. It appears I can run 3 mics, 2 guitars with the T1.

Yes.
quote:

I can have my music playback go directly into the rca ins on the compact, if I am not mistaken.

Yes.
quote:

So I know the T1 and the music playback will be sharing the same channel on the Compact, but I can just control the music playback volume from the computer itself.

Another way to handle this: You can run a USB connection from the computer to the T1®. It will end up that you are sharing the output of the T1® with the computer, and you will control the volume on the computer, so that part will be the same. But you might find that sound quality is better.

The default settings for the T1® USB from Computer will run the output of the computer into the T1® Master Output and you shouldn't need to change anything on the T1® to make that happen.

For more details see ? click the picture.
quote:

I need to sit down and go through the T1 manual yet, but I am curious. Can inputs 4/5 be controlled independently throught the T1 or they just set the same?

On the T1® Channels 4/5 can not be controlled independently.
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Very good, thanks. What I could do for inputs 4/5 is use a multi fx modeler for each instrument. Most likely it would be a guitar and bass guitar, which I have modelers for both. Thanks for confirming the USB hook up. I did get a chance to skim through the manual some more and that was gonna be my next question.
So, after browsing the forum some more, I have another question, but will start another thread for it.
DrumrPete
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

quote:
Thanks for confirming the USB hook up.

A while back I was running my Laptop into a T1, and into two Compacts (10' apart) using a 1/8"mini-to-two-RCAs cable.
I then switched to the USB cable, going into a single Compact, and was knocked out at the sonic difference!

Even though it was a single Compact with a mono signal, it blew away the stereo sound, using the analog outs on the laptop.
The bass and clarity were so much better, it was unbelievable.
Has anyone else experienced that?
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Unfortunately I was unable to try out the usb feature. I tried, but it didnt work. I did my research here and discovered I need to update my firmware on the T1. My computer is still running Vista. The T1 is still at 1.3. So, I need to do that. I cant believe all the stuff this thing can do.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Machete,

T1® Firmware version 1.8 includes support for Vista.

Read the instructions carefully.