Registered since

May 10, 2012

Bose Connect won't connect to S1 Pro after firmware update to version 7.1.5

Update here too: My Bose app refuses to connect.

Rebooted the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, but .... no! I was told 20 times to turn the speaker on (some more funny messages too), that's too much for me. I give up. Bluetooth connection with the phone works perfectly but the app doesn't believe.

No biggie, let's see if the batteries hold their charge for a while.

6 REPLIES 6
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Bose Connect won't connect to S1 Pro after firmware update to version 7.1.5

Hi Peter,

When you reinstall the Bose Connect app, there should be a prompt requesting that you allow Bluetooth permission to be granted to the app. If you don't agree to that, the Bose Connect app won't see the S1 Pro systems.

You can double-check that setting like this.

iOS or iPadOS Bose Connect Can't Connect to S1 Pro

If you cannot connect the Bose Connect app to your Bose Bluetooth enabled devices

Check your iOS Bluetooth permissions

Please check your device

• Privacy
    • Bluetooth
      • Ensure the Bose Connect app has permission to use Bluetooth

There's more in this article.

iOS iPadOS Bose Connect Can't Connect to S1 Pro

I know this isn't a high priority for you, but if you get around to trying again, please let us know if that works for you.

ST

Registered since

May 10, 2012

Hi ST,

thank you. Tried everything now but ni success. 

The app has the BT permission and was deleted and reinstalled once more. iPhone was turned off and rebooted. 

Now I remember that there is an Apple watch somewhere in my house, maybe that causes the trouble. 

Peter

Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Bose Connect won't connect to S1 Pro after firmware update to version 7.1.5 to my apple 13.3.1 IOS version. I already follow the options mentioned here but I still with the issue

Edit: Corrected formatting
Bose Pro Community Admin 

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Enrique,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  

Enrique posted:

Bose Connect won't connect to S1 Pro after firmware update to version 7.1.5 to my apple 13.3.1 IOS version. I already follow the options mentioned here but I still with the issue

Edit: Corrected formatting
Bose Pro Community Admin 

IOS iPadOS Bose Connect Can't Connect to S1 Pro

If you cannot connect the Bose Connect app to your Bose Bluetooth enabled devices
Turn off or disable Bluetooth on all devices in the vicinity except the one running the Bose Connect app and the S1 Pro.
Check your iOS Bluetooth permissions

Please check your device

• Settings
    • Privacy
      • Bluetooth
        • Ensure the Bose Connect app has permission to use Bluetooth

If you don't see the option to give the Bose Connect app permission to use Bluetooth, please Uninstall Bose Connect and then Install it again.

If you have given the Bose Connect app permission to use Bluetooth and the Bose Connect still cannot connect your Bose Bluetooth devices please
  • Turn off or disable Bluetooth on all devices in the vicinity except the one running the Bose Connect app and the S1 Pro.
  • Uninstall Bose Connect and then Install it again
  • On your iOS or iPadOS device go to
    • Settings
      • Bluetooth
        • Select your Bose Bluetooth device (e.g. S1 Pro) and Forget Device

Put Bose device (e.g., S1 Pro) into pairing mode (press the Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth light flashes)

• On your iOS or iPadOS device go to
    • Settings
      • Bluetooth
        • Select your Bose Bluetooth device (e.g. S1 Pro) and pair it

Open the Bose Connect app and follow any instructions it displays to find your device

Source: IOS iPadOS Bose Connect Can't Connect to S1 Pro

If cannot connect the Bose Connect app to your S1 Pro, please contact Bose Support - 

Bose Support Columbia

Thanks,

ST

Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

We follow carefully all the above recommendations and we can’t  connect to our Bose s1 pro, additionally we update the firmware to 7.1.7 and we follow all the above steps once again and we can’t connect we made the test with two iPhone one of them iPhone 6 Plus  iOS version 12.4.5 and iphone 8 plus with iOS 13.1.1 with both of them we have the same issue, finally we try to connect both phones to a our Bose Sound Link and the cennection was successful. We call to Bose support team and the answer was is a iPhone issue but the evidence shows that the root cause for this behavior is Bose s1 pro firmware 

what we can do to recover our Bose s1 pro? in this point we completes two months without it

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Enrique,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble getting the Bose Connect app to connect to your S1 Pro.

Please pick one iOS device.

Uninstall the Bose Connect app.

1. Turn off or disable Bluetooth on all devices in the vicinity except the one we are trying to connect and the S1 Pro.
  2. Uninstall Bose Connect and then Install it again
  3. On your iOS or iPadOS device go to
    • Settings
      • Bluetooth
        • Select your Bose S1 Pro and Forget Device
  4. Put S1 Pro into pairing mode (press the Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth light flashes)
  5. On your iOS or iPadOS device go to
    • Settings
      • Bluetooth
        • Select your Bose Bluetooth device (e.g. S1 Pro) and pair it
  6. Open the Bose Connect app and follow any instructions it displays to find your device

Can you do all the steps above? If not - please tell us where you had difficulty.

Thank you,

ST