cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Bose L-1 Model 1 Cutting out

Alright folks for about the last 2 years I've been having problems. Up until yesterday. I thought my problem was venue low power or a laptop with issues. While getting setup for a ceremony.

I was made to do ceremony sound checks late by the venue it was a golf and country club. Fairly exclusive and then venue wanted no sound sound because there was high dollar games being played each over 10,000 dollars.

The only reason I bring that up is it was the reason for me finding the problem so late. Any way once started I noticed that my system was cutting out about every 20 seconds. Ceremony itself was to start in about 20 minutes.

The fist thing I did was switch power on a different and brand new circuit. That did not help so I switched laptops that did not help. I tried my Ipad and that did not help. Now this is about 10 minutes before the ceremony.

Now I have to say I was sweating this a little bit but no outward sign of being a little stressed at this point. Last action was to take a speaker from the reception area and replace the speaker itself.

Bam that was it with 5 minutes I was able to use my Ipad which was still hooked up and run about 2 songs for prelude and then the rest of the music for the ceremony from my Ipad as well. I know based up the fact that everything worked but the speaker that its not the cables, power supply or music source there for it must be the speaker itself.

It is 7 years old and thankfully I have to more . My question is what should I do. Obviously this is the problem I believe I have had for 2 years. Getting another Bose at the moment might not be able to happen.

Is there any other option that I could take. I'v heard that Bose will no longer service them is that correct. Thanks for any help in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Bose L-1 Model 1 Cutting out

Hi nextgen1,

First, I'm really sorry that you had this problem with your L1® Model I. I'm glad that you were able to get through the show.

Now that you've narrowed it down to the Model I you need to call L1® Support and find out what your options are. They are not there today, but they will be tomorrow.
Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET

ST
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

I would recommend, if the offer still stands, to send in your ailing 7 year old for a new Model ll. It's a no brainer Dave.
You will love the portability, the sound (especially with a B2) and the sense of security you will have with brand new gear.
You may find a local electronics repair shop that can find the bad part and replace it for you, it's not rocket science.
You run a first class operation so IMHO take the high road.
idahodjcom
Registered since

Jan 29, 2010

I am happy to find this post as my M1 is also doing the same sort of thing. A couple years ago, channel 1 stopped sending a signal to the bass amp, so I sent it back to Bose for repair. When I got it back, it still wasn't fixed, but I needed the speaker, so I have been using it on channel 2. Now channel 2 is cutting out like you are saying. Mine has something to do with the channel volume knob - because if I touch it, the sound comes back on.
So with not being able to send to Bose for repair, I'm not sure what to do.
I really love my Boise gear, but I haven't had good luck with the repair dept. Is it time to consider going back to ugly boxes?
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi IdahoDJ.com,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your Model I. Since you've isolated the problem to the input trim control (you touch it and the sound comes back), you can try cleaning the control. With the system off just try working the control back and forth several times. If you have some electronic contact cleaner, you can try that too. Fire up the system and see if that helps. Try that on Channel 1 too.

Also

Please call L1® Support on Tuesday (they will be away tomorrow for Memorial Day). They will have options for you.

Be sure to tell the full support history of the unit including the repair that wasn't fixed.

Then you'll have more information to put into the mix as you are considering other things.

Here's the number.
Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
They're away until Tuesday because of Memorial Day.

ST