dantheman_2
Registered since

Jan 1, 2011

Bose L1 Compact System Problems

I played a gig last night with my L1 Compact, which is fairly new, I only have had it for a couple of months. Well, it did pretty well for most of the night but then it started going completely in and out at certain times and I can't figure out what could be causing the problem? Volume levels were turned at midrange on both channels and the green lights maintained. I need help?
4 REPLIES 4
Mark-at-Bose
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Re: Bose L1 Compact System Problems

Hi dantheman,

Sorry to hear about this. For this situation I would recommend speaking to a support technician live.

Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Currently no support available on Sunday
Mark-at-Bose
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

In the meantime can you tell me a bit more about the trouble.

What did you have connected to the system?
- Mic?
- Instrument?
- Audio device - cd/mp3 player?
- Other?

If both channels were in use, did you lose sound on both channels?
- If only one channel faded perhaps a cable might have had intermittent connection issues.
- If both channels faded simultaneously then I will re-recommend the phone call to tech support.
bubba1
Registered since

Nov 29, 2010

First Off I would like to thank you guys for your prompt assistance.That means a lot Smile

And secondly I am Bubba on the forum ...I think dantheman has the same problem.I submitted a post which I havent seeen approved yet on almost the same issue as dantheman
Anyway Please see below the post......

Posted Sun January 02 2011 06:42 PM
In the meantime can you tell me a bit more about the trouble.

What did you have connected to the system?
- Mic?
- Instrument?
- Audio device - cd/mp3 player?
- Other?

If both channels were in use, did you lose sound on both channels?
- If only one channel faded perhaps a cable might have had intermittent connection issues.
- If both channels faded simultaneously then I will re-recommend the phone call to tech support.

My L1 Model 2 system was plugged into a wall plug with a heavey extension cord with 3 plug spots that I had plugged my computer , the L1 system ,and a small set of LED lights.The other part of the wall plug had Christmas Lights in it.I had 2 b'1 modules attached.At one point I turned the base up to get a better low end and thats when it seemed to start breaking down.When I backed off the base it seemed to clear it up.Then all of a sudden it almost shut down as if it went into protection mode then came right back to life.After all that happened it seemed to be prety good but I did not try to turn anything up for the rest of the night.I did not check th econnections on the L1 System But Im sure they were correct as far as install goes.
I have seen the CAT 5 CABLE thats connected to the T1 Engine cause the L1 system to cut out on a system before but that is not the case here.
If I had to guess with my limited Knowledge Im wondering if there was to much draw on the wall circut...??????
The settings were all kept at roughly half
Mark-at-Bose
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Hi Bubba,
It sounds possible the the load from the lights might have been too much for the circuit. I would recommend a call to the tech support number below to confirm and troubleshoot:

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Currently no support available on Sunday