Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gairman
Contributor
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Bose L1 Pro 8 Line Level Output level - HOT! Can it be adjusted

I have a Bose L1 Pro 8, Bose S1 Pro and Bose L1 Compact.

I am doing solo gigs where I did greater coverage. So I am using the Line Output XLR from the Bose L1 Pro 8 and sending that to the input on my Bose L1 Compact. I go into the Bose L1 Pro 8 first so. I can use the app on my phone and make adjustments. 

The problem is that Bose L1 Pro 8 Line output signal is so HOT, I can barely dial up the volume knob on the L1 Compact from Zero before the L1 Compact is way louder than the L1 Pro 8.

Is there a way to adjust the level of the Line Output level on the Bose L1 Pro 8? 

Alternately, if I was using a pair of L1 Pro 8's, would the Line Level from one L1 Pro 8 feeding the other L1 Pro 8 be a more proper match? 

1 REPLY 1
Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: Bose L1 Pro 8 Line Level Output level - HOT! Can it be adjusted

Hello Gairman,

You might want to try an XLRM-XLRF inline attenuator, which you can obtain from Amazon, most any online music outlet, and some retail outlets that have good inventory.  Examples would be the Shure A15AS or Audio-Technica AT8202, which have switchable levels of db attenuation, or any number of fixed db attenuators from Whirlwind, IMP, RapcoHorizon, Hosa, Procraft, etc.

I keep a couple of fixed 20 db ones in my kit "just in case" (but have never needed one yet 😁.)

Does that help?