ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Bose Portable PA Time Line - What do you want to see next?

What would you like to see next?

29 REPLIES 29
Harry@SoundEvents
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Re: Bose Portable PA Time Line - What do you want to see next?

Nicely Done! ST, I always appreciate your posts and insight on all things audio...

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Harry,

I can't take credit for the graphic. That's from Bose Professional.

What would you like to see next?

ST

Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Battery powered multiple channel mixers should be next.

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

I want a cross between the S1 and the Compact. It should have bass response down to 40hz, 4 S1 type channels, phantom power, remote control of individual channel eq and volume, have volume/coverage/power capabilities that exceed the Compact, hard wired outs geared toward recording. Keep the multi position capabilities of both cabinets. Might have to sacrifice S1 tilt back floor configuration to allow stability for Compact style raised array.

Retain battery only if cost of battery can be the same as S1 and life is still in the 6 plus hour range.

O..

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

There’s been a lot of S1 enhancement ideas in another post. So trying not repeating those items, It would be nice to be able control the S1’s mixer section from an app on a smart device.

Since the S1 is so portable, I find myself placing it at gigs in a variety of places which sometimes forces me to go back and forth from the unit to where I’m positioned to play to make adjustments. This may encourage use of a separate, centralized mixer to the S1 which, of course, complicates the setup and obviates some of the S1’s portability advantages.

Having an app vs hard controls might also allow some extra flexibility for the EQ such as having more ToneMatch choices or a Mid control.

Assuming wireless access, and not being aware of the power drain or reliability issues this might introduce, I fear this could have a negative impact on battery life and I wouldn’t want to see that happen. However, several competitors out there have done this with battery powered systems so it’s certainly possible. Question is, is it practical. I leave it to the Bose gurus to answer that! ??

Harry@SoundEvents
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

What would I like to see next? I agree with "oldghm" a bit bigger S1 Pro but that also has a matching sub with integrated stands, sort of a mini F1 system with top and sub. I currently use S1 Pros with small Behringer 500 watt subs for a very small DJ system. 

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

In terms of a bigger S1 with subs, would having some sort of Bose interface from the line out to a B1 or B2 be something that could be a quick solution?

Harry@SoundEvents
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

CityFolk, thats a nice idea!

Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

@CityFolk and @Harry , an HPF (High Pass Filter) at 150 Hertz with a 1/4" sub output on the Bose S1 Pro would be an inexpensive add similar things the one on a Kustom PA50.