Re: Bose S1 Pro System

And there's more news today!

Bose ToneMatch® mixers T8S and T4S

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

Is it possible to connect 2 of them in stereo via bluetooth?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Auron,

Auron posted:

Is it possible to connect 2 of them in stereo via bluetooth?

No, sorry. But I'll make sure to pass on the suggestion to Bose Engineering.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

Thank you! Would be a killer feature to get a new use case.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

It may not be possible to connect 2 via bluetooth, but you can daisy chain as many as you want with 1/4 inch cables.   Watch this video

https://youtu.be/ZpouUFz0seg

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

Great! The important thing will be how honest 6 hours Batterylife are. Is it for 10% power or for 80%? I'm using 2 L1 M2 with 4 B2's and I love them. For bluetooth I took 2 of the Bose Soundlink Revolve+. My Bose Dealer told me the Battery would last for 12 hours. I used them in party mode. a bit more then 2 hours and they were empty. I hope this wont be the same here. I will buy 2 of them soon.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 22, 2014

Accurate and true practical battery life is a major concern of mine too Auron.  The only way we are really going to know is after all the frontier explorers start reviewing and giving feedback to us.  If it doesn't give at least a good four hours at full throttle playing it isn't really of much practical use to me.  I do wish the bluetooth included functioning the basic volume,bass,treble,reverb controls.  If this is on the ground or behind you mounted, doing those gotta be fast adjustments are simply not anywhere convenient at all.  Perhaps a way to integrate a small mixer, I don't know.   We'll just have to wait on the first scoops from the brave pioneers that pull the cash trigger right away.  

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 6, 2012

Glad the mixers have been updated, but a couple of questions on them.  

We've started a new discussion for this question. Please follow the link below.

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 6, 2012

As far as the S1 Pro, I do wish they'd publish SOME kind of guidance about size of audience, wattage, etc.  Even though it was hidden, you can find that info on the L1.    (130 for the Compact and 500 for the L1 MII)

I'd also love to see a compact with a little more power (200 watts) and bluetooth input as well.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2010

Well, as a big Bose fan and one who has defended Bose against the Bose-bashers with facts and experience, I have to say I am somewhat disappointed at the S1 Pro (and the new Tonematches as well, but that's another post).  

I own a L1M2 w/2 B1s, a Compact and two T1's. I play in a duo as well as a 5- piece blues band, and use the L1s for both, and love it. We often use a Behringer powered sub for a little extra thump.  My duo partner also has a Compact and T1, with a little coaxing from me.

IMHO, Bose missed it by developing the S1 instead of a new Compact with bluetooth capability, battery power and a little more power and better integrated sub with a lower x-over. I guess I was hoping for many of the S1 features in a new/improved Compact-type package.  Why not?  It's kinda sad that Bose develops these systems, and the users seem to use them in ways not originally intended by Bose, with good success.  But Bose doesn't seem to listen to how musicians use them, or what we want, and then develop accordingly.  There is a lot of competition out there with Compact-like systems that have some of the features that I wished Bose had put into a new Compact.  Bose will always lead with superb sound, but I can see the appeal for better features, and with the lower pricing, can see some settling for other non-Bose systems.  The S1 is a neat unit, but certainly not nearly as useful as the Compact.  It's really not all that much more compact.  I just don't get it.  Maybe the S1 will sell well, and maybe I am off the mark.  I was just hoping for a new/better line array.  I wanted a new, bigger /better toy.  I'll still keep using my Bose units with pride.  I love them. That won't change.  I guess it's my fault for getting my hopes up. The S1 release really lacked in any "wow factor".   I know now that it will be a long wait for the next Bose "system".  Ugh