Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Bose S1 vs Mackie FreePlay live

has anyone compared the S1 to the new Mackie FreePlay live which is louder and clearer

31 REPLIES 31
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Re: Bose S1 vs Mackie FreePlay live

Thanks the new Mackie is just being released and is supposed to be 1db louder than the old FreePlay

Registered since

May 8, 2018

I’d be interested in a comparison - does it really sound as good as the Bose S1?

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Have not heard it Sweetwater has them in stock

Registered since

May 8, 2018

It’s listed at $499 CAN at Long and McQuade. Almost 1/2 the price of Bose. Will check it out.

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Thanks let me know

Registered since

May 8, 2018

Only one in stock and they can’t find it!  But they will call me. Keep you posted. 

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Thanks

Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Well it sure looks like it matches the specs of the S1 pretty well and I like the idea of an app that can serve as a remote mixer. Of course, the proof is in the quality of the sound. Bose has stood apart from the rest on that aspect. Also, many of the battery powered competitors sound quite different being plugged into power vs on the battery. Certainly this version looks much more professional than the prior Freeplay version which looked like an overgrown boom box.

SA%20-%20Product&placement=google&adpos=1t1&creative=248832405268&device=t&matchtype=b&network=g&gcl...

Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

I reckon Bose & Mackie are in totally different ball parks!

We have a local dealer near me, in the UK., who dropped the whole Mackie range because of the amount of faulty units that they were having returned.

With Bose, you are guaranteed quality and excellent customer support hence Mackie......”half the price”!

I’ve had my S1 Pro for around six months now, the sound is truly superb and I would thoroughly recommend it.