Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: Bose Sub Case - Zipper Issue

The Zipper tabs on the cases tend to break, but the zippers themselves are are at a position where they are frequent contact points during load in and load out of our band bus. So our zippers on bags less than two years old are busted. Not only that, but there are protruding tabs on the sub bottoms that apply and pressure point on the  bottom sides of the bags and have created rips. 

Not well designed bags, at all.

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

I also have the issue with the zippers hard to move on the subs. They are definitely way too tight and were not designed well. The bags for the 812, however, fit nicely.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Quite a few of my cases have broken zippers as well...

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 12, 2010

every zipper tab I have on all 4 cases is now zup ties.  I’m OK with that, as for no anyway, the zippers are still working.  I agree that the bags are a tight fit at first but mine are all worked in and are pretty easy at this point to get on and off the speakers, including the subs.   The only design change I could think of would be to have the zipper on the back but then you’re lying the case down on the floor and lifting the speaker into it.  Of course wheels on the bags would be nice too but unless they are really heavy duty, they tend to break too.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

This is how I use the F1 Subwoofer bags.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 12, 2010

Yup me too.  Although with slightly less lifting.  I tend to gently roll them upside down to zip up.