Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Re: Bose T4S & T8S ToneMatch® Mixers

ST posted:

Hi JD,

jdbassentertainment.com posted:

Maybe I am not seeing it, but is there a way to sum the stereo inputs to a mono XLR out? 

You can pan all the inputs to one side (e.g. Left) and use the Left XLR output.

S

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Can't find my other post about this, so I'll repost here: how did they leave out the mounting bracket? The only reason I use the T1 and not a 3rd party mixer is because it's built-in. A huge part of what makes the L1 so attractive is its minimal footprint. I'm definitely not the only one with no interest in adding a mic stand to their footprint, and I can't imagine why they would deny themselves the extra sales. I'll stick with my T1 until they provide the mount. SMH.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Joe12stories,

Check out this discussion.

T4S & T8S Mixers - 1/4 inch (6mm) Mounting Screw (Mounting Options)

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 9, 2014

joe12stories posted:

Can't find my other post about this, so I'll repost here: how did they leave out the mounting bracket? The only reason I use the T1 and not a 3rd party mixer is because it's built-in. A huge part of what makes the L1 so attractive is its minimal footprint. I'm definitely not the only one with no interest in adding a mic stand to their footprint, and I can't imagine why they would deny themselves the extra sales. I'll stick with my T1 until they provide the mount. SMH.

The mounting of new units make much more sense than the previous design.  A fully engaged T1 with XLR's with decently shielded cable will be top heavy and can tip over with the previous design.  I countered this problem by building a plywood plate onto a Manhasset music stand  (painted black) for laptop & dual T1 placement.  Velcro and a wooden lip lock and hold both T1's solidly in place. 

I've been the victim of the previous design having units tip over, even when bringing the cable runs along side and to the front of the unit to reduce weight on the top of the T1. 

So from a stability point alone, my humble perspective says BOSE got this part of the equation right.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

I agree with wesearcy.....

I have many custom things I use with my setup...I call it The Ultimate Gig Rig and I love the option of buy camera and photography standard brackets and accessories. You can get great stuff on Amazon for way less than anything Bose could sell. So you are saving money plus you have lots more flexibility and its more stable. Win Win Win. 

These might work:

https://amzn.to/2upeDWh

https://amzn.to/2DZJbgw

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

joe12stories posted:

Hi,

How about this ? I sole T1 day one after T4s arrived. Some how T4s sounds lot better than T1. I Love it.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

I LOVE my Bose products... I own 4 Compact, 2 S1, 3 L1 MII, 4 B2 and 4 T1. 

But in my opinion Bose really MISSED it with these new Tone match models in one VERY important way TO ME!  No headphone select...just dumb.  A real DJ wants the opportunity to listen to the music in cue NOT JUST THE PLAYBACK! 

I'm not in a studio, I'm playing live to a crowd, I need to hear what I'm playing NEXT not what I'm playing now!

You see, we do this thing called mixing by ear as opposed to clicking a sync button because we can mix by ear.

Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

T8S is available for US purchase today April 27. However, on bose website, there is no option to buy. Bose took away the "coming soon" tag, but do not have any option to buy.  I would like to buy directly from bose website. Help please.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Mine is on the way....I purchased from Sweetwater. Pretty sure there was a huge demand from the Retailers who all had pending orders. Should not matter who you buy it from...Sweetwater has the best customer service imho and with all BOSE products the price is fixed so you won't pay less buying direct from BOSE. Do you want one or not? Get it from Sweetwater.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dino_N,

Please call Bose at 1-800-873-5047.  They should be able to help.

Thanks,

ST