Tom the Guitar Guy,

Please see T8S Routing USB B from PC to a full featured channel

rycowan
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Bose T4S & T8S ToneMatch® Mixers

stos2 posted:

Oh boy, Bose.  I am a big Bose advocate, and own a Compact and M2 with 2 B1s and 2 T1s.  But, like the new S1 (another post), I am disappointed at the new Tonematches, especially the T8S.  I kind of like the T4S, but was hoping for a similar setup on the T8S, so to get more channels.  Why are they so different?  Isn't that what many Bose users on this forum were also interested in?  No audio/power combination so you have to use a power supply?  No bluetooth capability?  STILL doesn't mount nicely to a mic stand?  I hope to hear some exciting things about these units as some start using them.  Hoping I'm totally missing something.  Certainly no "wow factor" at this time. I hope I'm wrong.  I was really hoping for an all around upgrade to the whole L1 system.  Pricing is also steep for what you are getting. I'll keep reading this forum hoping that I'm totally missing something.  Still love Bose stuff, and will keep using what I have with great pride.  I was just hoping to upgrade. 

Just a quick reply to your mic stand mount comment. I agree - the Bose accessory wasn't a great mount. The rubber pads are difficult to set and in getting it tight against the mic stand, I was afraid of breaking the plastic mount, or the latch springing loose.  Solution? I bought a metal pole clamp used for DJ lighting to clamp to my mic stand. Bose thoughtfully (or accidentally) included an extra mounting bracket with my T1 (there was one in the box, and one secured under the lid). I eyeballed the T1 with bracket against the clamp and mic stand to make sure none of the input/outputs were blocked, and then drilled two holes thru the bracket and pole clamp and screwed them together. Now, I have a heavy duty piece of kit and it cost about $7.

tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Mounted to my extra mic stand...

It's my understanding that the L1 can't provide enough power to the T8S to power all of the features,  hence the need for the external power supply...

When I visited the Bose booth at NAMM in January I asked about that as well as commenting about the lack of features that competitive  brands offer including bluetooth and feedback elimination...

Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Roberto, please see this new discussion for your question.

T8S 1/4 inch or XLR Outputs

Thank you.

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Hi Troubador,

We've started a new discussion for your questions.  Please follow the link to I have a T1. Should I get a T4S or T8S?

Thank you,

Bose Pro Community Admin