Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Bose T4S & T8S ToneMatch® Mixers

Introducing new Bose ToneMatch® Mixers

Unprecedented control, processing and portability

Take control of your music with T8S and T4S ToneMatch mixers, compact 8 and 4 channel interfaces designed for performers. Engineered with powerful, DSP engines and intuitive user controls, they offer studio-quality EQ, dynamics and effects processing. Sound great with integrated Bose® ToneMatch processing and zEQ, especially when connected to a Bose L1 or F1 system for full end-to-end tonal control. Play confidently on stage with these rugged ToneMatch mixers using tactile controls, easy-to-read LED displays and scene recall. ToneMatch mixers, the ultimate on-stage companions for performing artists.

Key features of the new ToneMatch mixers:

Powerful Audio Processing

• Updated, studio-quality effects with advanced digital audio processing
  • High-quality effects include compressor, limiter, de-esser, noise gate, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, and reverb
  • Bose ToneMatch processing for natural-sounding vocals and instruments
  • zEQ focuses the sound of ToneMatch presets for effective adjustments on the fly
  • Independent ToneMatch, EQ, dynamics and effects per channel
  • Dedicated reverb for Aux sends, and a global shared reverb for use across all channels
  • Master output EQ helps compensate for venue acoustics
  • Full end-to-end tonal optimization when used with Bose L1 and F1 systems

Seamless Live Control

• Tactile controls and indicators designed for live on-stage use by musicians and DJs
  • Fast-learning user interface
  • Built-in tap tempo delay, chromatic tuner, and recallable scenes
  • LED display and illuminated controls are easy to read and use, even on dimly-lit stages

High-Density Connectivity

• Unprecedented connectivity and control in a small digital stereo mixer
  • Four (T4S) or eight (T8S) high-quality audio preamps with XLR-combo jacks for microphones or instruments, and switchable phantom power
  • Two Aux inputs for additional sources with two (T4S) or four (T8S) Aux sends
  • USB-A and -B for USB drive playback or PC/Mac interfacing
  • ToneMatch outputs for digital audio and power (T4S only)
  • Balanced ¼” TRS and XLR (T8S only) stereo outputs
  • Independent headphone output

Convenient Gig-Ready Features

• Rugged enclosure with a protective magnetic cover to protect controls and connectors
  • Includes a ToneMatch cable for connecting to a Bose L1 Model II or L1 Model 1S system for digital audio and power (T4S), or includes a universal power supply (T8S)
  • Bottom insert allows you to use standard mounting accessories to keep your ToneMatch mixer within reach

More:

Bose ToneMatch Mixer T4S

Bose ToneMatch Mixer T8S

Craig-at-Bose gives an overview at NAMM 2018

Update - February 28th, 2018.

T4S should be available by mid-March. It may be available sooner in North America and Europe.

T8S should be available everywhere by the end of April.

Updates - April 30th, 2018

Please call Bose at 1-800-873-5047. They can take an order for the T4S or T8S over the phone.

ST

94 REPLIES 94
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Re: Bose T4S & T8S ToneMatch® Mixers

This is very exciting!  I wonder if they’ve introduced Bluetooth to connection for gig break tunes.  Also, VERY cool they’ve allowed reverb on the aux out and independent channels.  

Anyone have a guess on price?  If the T1, right now, is $500....this thing could be a QSC price point...what, $1200?  Little steep for me.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

May 25, 2004

The T8S and T4S will be available late February 2018 with U.S. MSRP’s of $899 and $599, respectively. The system is being displayed at the NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, January 25-28, at booth #18610.

https://www.gearslutz.com/boar...r-stereo-mixers.html

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

WOW!  That’s really not too bad

What’s the size of them?  Is the T8 still as “portable” as the original T1?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2014

Price shows as $899 (less than I expected) for the T8S 8 channel and $599 for the smaller T4S.   I've been wanting to add my piano and 2nd vocal position to the show...and this T8S Tonematch is going to be my ticket to do it much easier than the extra gig ready setup I had to go through before.  My gosh Bose....you gave me a break for a few years..... and now.....beg, borrow, steal, or take out a second mortgage it will be.    Anybody want to buy a good T1 Tonematch Engine?  LOL!  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

I see L1 ports for L/R and Main L/R.   Is the volume control separate for them? 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi mbt0071!

Thank you for joining the Bose Pro Portable PA Community.

Good eye!

mbt0071 posted:

I see L1 ports for L/R and Main L/R.   Is the volume control separate for them? 

The ToneMatch T4S has the digital outputs that connect directly to the L1® Model 1S and L1® Model II.

The Master Volume controls both left and right outputs. If you need to control them separately, you would do that using the PAN control for each channel.

If you are thinking about setting up a separate monitor mix, consider using the Aux output.

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

I'm a bit confused why the T4S has the 2 digital outputs and the T8S has only one. A bit disappointing isn't it?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Auron,

The anticipated use-case was: the T8S would be used with the F1 or larger FOH systems. The outputs on the T8S are balanced, analog.

The T8S ToneMatch port is for the ToneMatch Power Supply.  It is not a digital connection.

ST