Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Bose Tonematch T4S channel strip/Aux out noise

I had purchased a Bose T4S Tonematch mixer online in Dec 2019.

Worked seamlessly until 2 months back when it started giving a white noise in channels 1 & 3 whenever the Phantom power is switched on. Upon pressing the button, a huge disturbance/rush of electricity maybe comes in the channel and dies down within 5-6 seconds.

Also, the aux out channel is having the same issue.

The problem started occurring when I switched on the 48V while the gain and volume knobs for channels 1 & 3 were open which were connected to a condenser and a mandolin with a pickup. I heard a loud crackle and the white noise started occurring thereafter.

I don't know how to deal as I live in Mumbai, India and the product was purchased in New Jersey, US. I have tried connecting to their support team but got no response probably because of the COVID-19 lockdown.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Tonematch T4S channel strip/Aux out noise

Hey, welcome to the Bose Pro Portable Community!

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. To get a better idea on the setup you have, please could you confirm the following:

• Does the "white noise" rush only ever occur in channels 1 & 3? 
  • Does this also happen if no cable is connected to the inputs for channels 1 & 3?
  • What FX processing settings are applied to channels 1 & 3?
  • What is the aux output being used for?

Also, if possible, could you please provide a short video clip showing the issue for reference?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Re: Bose Tonematch T4S channel strip/Aux out noise

Hi, 

To answer your question

1. Yes.

2. Yes. It always happens when I toggle the Phantom power button. On or off.

3. It happens regardless of the FX settings, I've tried with FX mute, all set to zero, unity. Nothing changes.

4. I am connecting my acoustic guitar through a Fishman rare earth mic + electromagnetic pickup into channel 4. Then, I'm taking the aux out into my pedal chain (consisting of tuner, reverb, octave & a looper) whose output I take back through aux in. The looper after recording, plays back a loop with a heavy white noise. I'll update this forum with a video of the same soon.