Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickNZ
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

Bose in a glass room

I remember having a number of challenges with a traditional sound system in rooms with a ton of glass. However in the 4 or 5 years that I've been using the Bose, I don't know that I've done that many "glass rooms".

Can anyone say for sure that the Bose performs as well with lots of glass walls/windows as I've come to expect from any other room?
4 REPLIES 4
martyl
Registered since

Mar 27, 2010

Re: Bose in a glass room

I did a wedding last year in a 3 sided glass room had trouble getting sound to the back of the room.

Marty
mikep_2
Registered since

Apr 14, 2010

I did a wedding reception in a room 3/4 glass. They heard my sound check out on the golf course by where they had the ceremony about 100 yards away. The sound in the room was great.
Cap
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2004

Have no fears. As an ergonomic suggestion, try to get the set-up facing directly at the glass and not on any angles.

Another thing that is done under these circumstances is to back off on the bass, and in some cases, have used just one B1 per side. While the line array properties work well, the spherical properties of the B1s still produce typical spherical anomalies.
karlalbertmikke
Registered since

Sep 5, 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Nick from New Zealand:
I remember having a number of challenges with a traditional sound system in rooms with a ton of glass. However in the 4 or 5 years that I've been using the Bose, I don't know that I've done that many "glass rooms".

Can anyone say for sure that the Bose performs as well with lots of glass walls/windows as I've come to expect from any other room?

I have used the L1 Model 1 in a glass room. In Chicago at Navy Pier's Crystal Garden, I used two L1's each with dual B1's. One on each side of the dance floor and the whole venue was filled with voice and the reverb and echo were not bad. The music lost a lot of the fullness when you left the dance floor but it was still clear throughout. They did have lots of floral and foliage at ground level, though so that may have a big impact. Nevertheless it is a huge glass structure with a tubular steel frame.