pdea23
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Re: T1

Plenty available in the UK, which is where I am. I can confirm its a great product and much better than the previous compact, but also appears at the moment to have a soft where bug where tone match setting saved to scenes when reapplied doesn't reapply the saved tone match scene, although it does reapply the other settings. Volume, tone and reverb settings. also what I find disappointing is that it only allows you to change the mic tone match setting to microphone tone matches, and the instrument tone match setting to instrument tone matches, where i would prefer to have two instrument tone matches on say channel two, This will probably change with future soft where changes, But as I said it's a great product and well worth getting,

scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

Re: T1

The guitar center by me has few pro8's but no 16 or 32's yet

Dylan_R

Re: Bose l1 Pro with Tonematch Mixers (T1, T4s, T8s)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

Hi all,

Regarding T1 compatibility with the L1 Pro systems: The architecture of the T1 ToneMatch differs from that of the T4S and T8S ToneMatch mixers, and is not compatible with the L1 Pro’s S/PDIF audio architecture.

The T1 ToneMatch is based on S/PDIF, but with a proprietary connection for legacy L1 products which allows them to carry other data such as firmware updates. The T4S and T8S ToneMatch mixers use an updated version of ToneMatch protocol, which is compatible with with legacy L1 products, but also fully compatible with S/PDIF. Since the L1 Pro architecture is designed to use standard S/PDIF protocol, the T1 ToneMatch cannot communicate the same way and is unable to send audio via the ToneMatch port.

Although the T1 ToneMatch is unable to send audio it can still receive power from an L1 Pro system via the ToneMatch port. In order for the the L1 Pro system to receive audio, users of the T1 ToneMatch would need to connect the analog main out of the T1 to an available input on the L1 Pro system.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Bose could have made it fully compatible ... What better way to sell more T4 and T8 than to make the T1 obsolete

rory conway
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

I half expected that the t1 wouldn’t be compatible. 

the t8s isn’t powered by the Bose l1 model 2 digital cable. 

I suppose companies have to move on.  The t1 tonematch is over 10 yes old 

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Someone please advise customer service. I recently called and specifically asked the question of compatibility and was told the T1 would work.

Bose is not doing a great job on this product introduction. 

O..

David_G

Hey Oldghm I am very sorry to hear of the conflicting information, I will get that fed back for training and quality.

We always try our best to ensure that all of our support staff are well equipped with the knowledge/materials to address these types of questions. It does seem that despite our efforts, this particular inquiry has caught us off guard and we will certainly learn from this moving forward.

Thanks for the feedback it is truly appreciated!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gogoriviera
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2007

This is complete BS that the T1 doesnt work!!!!   I just traded in my L1S which the T1 worked flawlessly with-  This is BS.  I may just take the pro8 back.  I was on a gig tonight and was already running late- just got this Pro8- this really messed me up tonight!!

gogoriviera
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2007

This is complete BS that the T1 doesnt work!!!!   I just traded in my L1S which the T1 worked flawlessly with-  This is BS.  I may just take the pro8 back.  I was on a gig tonight and was already running late- just got this Pro8- this really messed me up tonight!!

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

I share your frustration.  At least it POWERS the T1, saving us from having to use the power supply.  I think Bose is going to get alot of grief over this one.  They probably could have added a second ToneMatch port for the T1 to assuage the thousands of people who still use the T1.