Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

Bose s1 pro output

I just bought this PA last month and i love the sound that is coming from it. I am planning to use it on bigger venue (GYM) and i want to have the sound the same but louder.so i'm planning to connect it to loud speakers. Just want to know the best thing to connect.

1. Bose s1 pro -microphone-mixer-loud speaker

2. Bose s1 pro-output-mixer-loud speaker

I want to use number 2 but i don't know if it will match the mixer

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Bose s1 pro output

Hi Teagan,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. Congratulations on getting your S1 Pro.

In general terms, if you are happy with the sound of the S1 Pro, don't change your connections going TO it. 

Connect a 1/4 inchTip-Ring-Sleeve cable FROM the S1 Pro LINE OUT and connect that an powered loudspeaker.  From your description, you don't need a mixer unless you are adding more inputs (microphones, instruments).

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

Thank you for the reply

Yeah i am performing with a band and some mics and guitar will be passing through the mixing console

Do i need to us di box

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

Yeah we are adding inputs with my band

Do i need a di box thanks

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Teagan,

It sounds like you'll want to:

• Connect all the inputs to the mixing console.
  • From the mixing console, send a monitor mix to the S1 Pro.
  • The main mix will go to the powered loudspeaker.

You won't need a DI box for the connection from the mixing console to the S1 Pro.

Connect the mixing console monitor mix to the S1 Pro, channel 1 or 2.  On the S1 Pro, set:

• Volume: 12:00 o'clock
  • Bass: 12:00 o'clock
  • Treble: 12:00 o'clock
  • Reverb: Off

Use an XLR cable or 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable from the mixing console to the S1 Pro.

Adjust the monitor output on the mixing console so the S1 Pro channel light is solid green most of the time. If you see red, turn down the S1 Pro volume.

Does that help?

ST