Moon Dog
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Broadcast sound sync from a timeline application

FB posted:

Hello,

would be so great to have the Bose Connect app on computer aswell. We need to use two S1pro in stereo mode with a bluetooth signal coming from a laptop (In our case the iphone or ipad are irelevent as we broadcost sound sync with light from a timeline application from a computer). Thank you for your attention.

Best regards

@FB

fb could you expand on how you broadcast sound sync from a timeline application? 

5 REPLIES 5
Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Broadcast sound sync from a timeline application

@FB , here's an inexpensive solution to your dilemma. This USB powered mixer, which is available from many vendors (I purchased mine on Wish.com and waited several weeks for it to arrive) has it's own BlueTooth input and can be powered by a battery USB Power Bank. The Stereo output of this mixer will afford you the option of running 4 Bose S1 Pro's (two from each output) and 2 more from it's headphone output.

FB2
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

hello, thks for the suggestion, despite the device you're pointing have no bluetooth connection as far as i can see on the picture, i've got a mackie mixer that do the job, the point is to have bluetooth connection to S1pro in stereo mode directly from computer, removing wires issue in the space (needs for a project i'm working on). My set up is on computer with dmx connection for lights effects synchronised with sound events.

So, my question is: does Bose Compagny consider to compil an equivalent app to Bose Connect working on computers? That would be fantastik ! I know other friends that have the same issue. The complete compatibitity of the Bose S1 pro bluetooth stereo mode on computers (not only mono connection as it is now)

Best

FB2
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Moon Dog posted:

fb could you expand on how you broadcast sound sync from a timeline application? 

Through Vezzer application which provides DMX signal and other signal aswell like sound thereby synchronising sound and lights events for exemple. Concerning sound, It's possible to go through a mixer and then to the S1pro to keep a stéreo mode, it needs wires, in our case and for the project we're working on, wires are critical issue.

Best

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, FB.

FB posted:

? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

So, my question is: does Bose Compagny consider to compil an equivalent app to Bose Connect working on computers? That would be fantastik ! I know other friends that have the same issue. The complete compatibitity of the Bose S1 pro bluetooth stereo mode on computers (not only mono connection as it is now)

Best

Thanks for the suggestion. We have that noted in the discussion for S1 Pro system: Feature Requests and Suggestions. Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm sorry, we can't answer your question: Bose doesn't comment on products or enhancements that may in development.

Cheers,

ST

Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

@FB , look at item number 18 on my mixer manual where it says BT. That means BlueTooth and it is built into this mixer.