Josh10
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Cant connect S1 to devices

Hi guys, i just bought the Bose S1 Pro 2 weeks ago and i have used it for only few times just for casual music listening. Recently i found out that the speaker wont connect to my phones (iphone and galaxy samsung) when it is on battery. My phones can’t detect S1’s bluetooth unless i plug my S1 into AC power. Once i disconnect the AC cable, the S1 loses the signal. I have tried to reset the speaker by removing the battery but no luck. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Cant connect S1 to devices

Hi, Josh.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

That's an unusual problem.

Josh posted:

Hi guys, i just bought the Bose S1 Pro 2 weeks ago and i have used it for only few times just for casual music listening. Recently i found out that the speaker wont connect to my phones (iphone and galaxy samsung) when it is on battery. My phones can’t detect S1’s bluetooth unless i plug my S1 into AC power. Once i disconnect the AC cable, the S1 loses the signal. I have tried to reset the speaker by removing the battery but no luck. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Please check that your S1 Pro firmware is up to date. See: S1 Pro Firmware Updates

If your firmware is up to date, are you able to use the Bose Connect app?

S1 Pro with the Bose Connect App

If the problem persists and the Bluetooth connection drops when you the S1 Pro is running on battery, please call Bose Support.

Bose Support in Australia - call 1 800-061-046

Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 18:00 AEST

Thanks,

ST

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Did you try pairing the phone and S1 Pro (push bluetooth button) after going on batteries?

Richard3
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

As stated above: update firmware, turn everything off and back on. Then push pairing botton.

Josh10
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

I have updated my S1 through Bose Connect since first day i bought it. I checked on Bose connect app it says i’m using firmware version 7.1.5 and my S1 is up to date.

I was able to use the Bose Connect app and paired with my phones fine before. But now its been few days that i can only use Bose Connect app and pair my S1 with my phones when the speaker is plugged in AC power.

i notice when the speaker on battery mode as soon as i turn on the speaker, the LED at the front of the speaker being on for like 1 second and then off. I have to turn it back off and on again and the LED stays there but i am unable to pair it with my phones.

Please check that your S1 Pro firmware is up to date. See: S1 Pro Firmware Updates

If your firmware is up to date, are you able to use the Bose Connect app?

S1 Pro with the Bose Connect App

If the problem persists and the Bluetooth connection drops when you the S1 Pro is running on battery, please call Bose Support.

Bose Support in Australia- call 1 800-061-046

Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 18:00 AEST

Thanks,

ST.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update. Please call Bose Support. They can help you figure out your best next steps.

Thanks,

ST