(Sorry if this is a re-post, but my last post was deleted when I tried to edit it)
This is an outdoor concert where people will sit on the grass in front of an amphitheater. We will play on an elevated concrete stage under a bandshell. The area under the shell is 25’ deep. The back wall is 31’ and front opening is 56’. Each side wall is 27’. The stage extends another 17’ in front of the bandshell so the stage is 41’ deep total. We have no idea how many people will be there. Max capacity is 250 on the grass with 6’ between families.
My PA equipment
Bose L1 Model 2 with B2 Bass
Bose L1 Model 2 with 2 B1 Basses
Bose L1 Compact
Bose TS8 ToneMatch 8-channel Mixer
Bose T1 ToneMatch 4-channel Mixer
- Lead vocals (me)--EV vocal mic
- Guitar--Roland 60W Cube amp with high impedance output. Wants his amp on-stage
- Vocal mic using phantom power
- Piano--Yamaha MX88
- Tenor Sax—SM 57 on a stand
- Alto Sax--Cardioid Condenser clip-on mic
- Upright bass--Realist pickup into a Fender 300W Rumble Amp and he wants to use his amp on-stage.
- Shure Beta on kick
- Shure 57 overhead
- Shure 57 on snare
Plan A—Place the PA front of the stage and plug three of the drum mics into the T1
- Place both L1’s at the front of the stage
- Use the L1 Compact in back as a monitor for the whole mix
- Use guitar and bass amps on stage to keep them happy
Use all 8 inputs in the TS8 and plug the T1 into one of them
- Lead vocals
- Bass. Take a line out of the Fender amp and let him use it on-stage
- Guitar. Take a line out of the Roland cube amp and let him use it on-stage
- Guitar vocal mic
- Alto sax mic
- Tenor sax
- Drums from the T1
I will also run break music through the USB port
Input the drums into the T1
Will this work?
Is my T8S going to blow up on stage?
The band shell has pretty good acoustics. It might be possible to get by without mic’ing the two horns at all, but I won’t know until I set it all up.
Appreciate your thoughts.