Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: Channel 1 Amber Led, No Solution Yet

Thanks again, I’ll just wait for my s1 to return from service to let everybody know what happened.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Just got email from Bose service, it’s been repaired and tested. Return shipper is usps, may take 5-8 work days to receive. I will try to call Bose service to inquire on what was repaired.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Got my s1 back on Friday, unboxed it, looked over unit, found couple tiny dings on cabinet  and scratches on metal battery cover plate. Felt a little disappointed, but hoped repair was completed. Paperwork mentioned an IC and main PCB were replaced. Plugged in AC power cord, turn unit on, Streamed music, tested ok, turned off AC power, music stopped, Channel 1 flashed Amber for a second, then back to original state, then music streamed again. Tested channels 1,2 with an instrument, all channels and functions tested ok. So I guess it is fixed, kind of. I wouldn’t have to do a complete reset, by removing the battery. Compared to my present s1, music stays streaming even when the AC power is turned off. You decide, is it Fixed or NOT.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Keoki Palacio,

I'm sorry you're disappointed. Please help me understand something.

Keoki Palacio posted:

Got my s1 back on Friday, unboxed it, looked over unit, found couple tiny dings on cabinet  and scratches on metal battery cover plate. Felt a little disappointed, but hoped repair was completed. Paperwork mentioned an IC and main PCB were replaced. Plugged in AC power cord, turn unit on, Streamed music, tested ok, turned off AC power,

Please tell us exactly how you turned off the AC power.

music stopped, Channel 1 flashed Amber for a second, then back to original state, then music streamed again. Tested channels 1,2 with an instrument, all channels and functions tested ok. So I guess it is fixed, kind of. I wouldn’t have to do a complete reset, by removing the battery. Compared to my present s1, music stays streaming even when the AC power is turned off. You decide, is it Fixed or NOT.

Same question.

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Turning off the AC power can be done in many different ways, sorry I didn’t mention how I turned off the AC. I tested it by: 1) disconnecting ac power cord from wall outlet. 2) if on a power strip, turned power strip off. 3) unplugging iec side to S1 Pro. Just simulating a power outage scenario. My first S1 Pro works fine, thru these situations. Also repair report sheet sent with unit stated “ Your product has been checked and wherever necessary, updated to the latest hardware / software revisions. “ tried to use Bose Connect App, App unable to locate unit. I had to do a update on software, it was shipped with a 5.0 something software. Go figure.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Keoki Palacio,

Thanks for the added information. Let me see what I can find out on this end.

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Good News, just got the S1 replacement, and everything works. ST, I don’t know what was done, You can check with Tony. Unit will play while plugged in to wall, unplugged and plugged back in, without a hiccup to the input signal. I think he may have solved the battery problem also, unit that was shipped to me in Hawaii had 4 Flashes left. Just wanted everybody to know, How overly satisfied I am. Is there such a thing? There is now.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Keoki Palacio,

Thanks for coming back to let us know how things turned out.

Enjoy the music.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Well son of a gun, I have this exact problem with the replacement unit I received a month ago.  Just noticed it when trying to figure out the Connect app issue.   I'll try the S1 reset.  This unit was manufactured in November 2018 and sent to me about a month or so ago to replace the S1 I had with the battery drain problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Dammit.  The reset did nothing.  I have to send another one back?   NOT a happy customer.  I gig with these weekly.  Man am I disappointed.