Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Re: Channel 1 Amber Led, No Solution Yet

ST posted:

Hi, Keoki Palacio,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

I'm sorry you have a problem with the S1 Pro.

If you have an amber light on channel 1 and that does not go away after doing the S1 Reset the unit will have to be service by Bose.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other locations

ST

Ok ST, since the reset didn't work for me, I called Bose Technical Support.  I was told that this isn't supposed to happen but it's common and they're working on a firmware update that will resolve the issue.  I don't always trust what a particular person tells me on their tech line, so can you confirm this is the case?  She also suggested that I try reloading the firmware to see if that works.  If it doesn't, just wait for the update.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

I hooked the S1 up to my computer and ran updater which says my speaker is up to date.  How can I force it to reload the firmware as I was told by Bose tech support?  Thanks

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Sorry to hear about your problems with the S1. It took awhile for my issues to be worked out and repaired. But, ST and YONT got it figured out. If available I’d try and see if warranty would cover another repair. My situation was unique, it was a brand new speaker 1-2 days old, I didn’t want to get a new one from Musicians Friends, with the same problem, so I opted to get it repaired first. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DavidE2,

DavidE2 posted:

I hooked the S1 up to my computer and ran updater which says my speaker is up to date.  How can I force it to reload the firmware as I was told by Bose tech support?  Thanks

Please see:

S1 Pro Firmware Update

Follow all the steps including 5 and 6.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Thanks ST.  I reloaded the firmware and the problem still exists.  Would you mind checking to see if they're really working on a firmware fix?

Thanks

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DavidE2,

DavidE2 posted:

Well son of a gun, I have this exact problem with the replacement unit I received a month ago.  Just noticed it when trying to figure out the Connect app issue.   I'll try the S1 reset.  This unit was manufactured in November 2018 and sent to me about a month or so ago to replace the S1 I had with the battery drain problem.

Please confirm: Is this the problem you are discussing?

S1 Pro channel 1 amber light (that does not go away after doing the S1 Reset)

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Yes, that’s the issue.  Generally the unit functions unless the power cord is unplugged as described.    My older S1 does not have this issue.  

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DavidE2,

Thanks for the clarification.

DavidE2 posted:

Yes, that’s the issue.  Generally the unit functions unless the power cord is unplugged as described.    My older S1 does not have this issue.  

Bose is working on it. 

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Thanks.   I’d be very happy with a solution that didn’t include sending this one back.  

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey Everybody,

We're going to close this discussion.

Thanks,

ST