Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yendor
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Charging S1 Pro

I have charged my S1 Pro probably 6-7 times. I believe the pulsing blue light goes out after it charges for a couple of hours. Yesterday afternoon I placed it on charge, and checked last night, and the blue light was still pulsing. So left it overnight. Checked it this morning, and blue light is still pulsing. Removing the cord, and turning on it reads four flashes, so it must be charged? Any advice why it the light doesn't go off when charging?

11 REPLIES 11
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Charging S1 Pro

Hi Yendor,

When you use the Bose Connect app, does it show the battery is at 100% charge? The charge indicator is at the bottom right of the screen in the app.

If the unit is charged 100% try this 

S1 Pro Reset

Does that help?
ST 

Yendor
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

It shows 97 %. I'll try the battery reset.

Thanks for the reply and info.

reptilian
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2004

Hey Yendor & ST, I'm having the exact same issue. In fact, I have 2 S1 Pro units, and I noticed they were both fully charged 100% and 1 of the blue LED pulses (fully charged and OFF), while the other does not (fully charged and OFF).

I have updated the firmware on both. I have done the battery reset ST suggested on the pulsing one. I'm still having the same issue. I assume the correct function is for the blue LED to STOP blinking when 100% (I searched both S1 manual and battery manual, and neither mention this).

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

-reptilian

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi reptilian,

Please check the charge level using the Bose Connect app to see if the battery charge is at 100%.

Thanks,
ST

Yendor
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

My issue resolved itself, before I tried the battery reboot. I disconnected it from power, turned it on, connected my phone, and ran a few minutes bluetooth. Turned off, connected ac. It flashed blue for maybe an hour, turned off, and Bose Connect app shows 100 %. I too looked everywhere for info on the status of the light when charged, and could find nothing? But past experience told be it turned off when charged, and I too have two S1's that functioned that way. Hopefully, there is some explanation as to why after 15 hours it wasn't fully charged.

GeneS
Collaborator
Registered since

May 27, 2018

I think there a post a few days prior to the OP here talking about the pulsing blue light indicating that the S1P had gone into stand-by mode... could this be what all y'all are seeing?

Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi, Yendor.

I'm sorry about the problem you're having with the second S1 Pro system. We have moved your post to a different discussion. Please see: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

Thank you.
Bose Pro Community Admin

reptilian
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2004

ST posted:

Hi reptilian,

Please check the charge level using the Bose Connect app to see if the battery charge is at 100%.

Thanks,
ST

Yes, the app shows 100% and I have already done the battery reset (removed for 30 seconds).

reptilian
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2004

GeneS posted:

I think there a post a few days prior to the OP here talking about the pulsing blue light indicating that the S1P had gone into stand-by mode... could this be what all y'all are seeing?

No, the unit works normally and should not be in stand-by mode. We're describing when the unit is off and fully charged, the charging blue LED continues to blink and it should stop blinking.