Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

Charging the S1 Pro

Just purchased my S1 Pro less than a week ago. Love it so far! I'm running into an issue with the charging. When I plug the power supply cord in, what position does the "on-off" rocker(power) switch need to be in? Should I have it turned on? Or does it still charge in the "Off" position? Up to now I've left it turn on because that's the only position I see any life in it at all.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: Charging the S1 Pro

@LarryM2 the battery will charge in any of the positions if plugged into power, but if you just want to charge and not be playing through the S1 while charging, place the on/off/super charge switch in middle position (which is off but uses a trickle charge if left plugged in) or all the way down in the “super charge” position that accelerates the charge (around 3 hours). 

Most folks leave the switch in the all the way down “super charge” position since you could accidentally bump the switch from the middle position to the upper “on” position while transporting it which will unintentionally discharge the battery.

Click on this link to access more complete info on the S1 battery as well as scroll up and down to find latest info about the S1 including a more up to date user manual in PDF format. These pages get updated a lot as usage experiences grow, so I’d recommend bookmarking that link to refer to it later. 

One last thing, there is a free Bose Connect app that you can download that will give you a more precise battery charge state percentage as well as play across 2 S1s in stereo. It might require a firmware update to the S1(s) for them to recognize the app via Bluetooth. I won’t get into the details here, just know that it exists and you can search for more info on the forum.

Further, keep tabs on the S1 forum in general as you’ll find a lot of helpful tips and hints of usage from folks using the S1 at actual gigs. I’ve found it to be a wealth of useful info. 

Enjoy your new S1, I’ve loved mine. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I usually leave mine in the 3rd, bottom Quick Charge position.

The battery does NOT charge in the off position - only in the on (slowly) and Quick Charge positions.

I believe that once the battery is charged in the Quick Charge position, the LED goes out...

You can check the charge level by turning the S1 off then turn it on again.  The blue light should come on then go out followed by a number of blinks that correspond to the charge level - 1 to 4 blinks with 4 meaning 75% or better.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I sit corrected - It appears the battery still trickle charges in the off position...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Ooops.  To check battery level as I describe turn off then to QUICK charge position and count the blinks...

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

CityFolk posted:

@LarryM2 the battery will charge in any of the positions if plugged into power, but if you just want to charge and not be playing through the S1 while charging, place the on/off/super charge switch in middle position (which is off but uses a trickle charge if left plugged in) or all the way down in the “super charge” position that accelerates the charge (around 3 hours). 

Most folks leave the switch in the all the way down “super charge” position since you could accidentally bump the switch from the middle position to the upper “on” position while transporting it which will unintentionally discharge the battery.

Click on this link to access more complete info on the S1 battery as well as scroll up and down to find latest info about the S1 including a more up to date user manual in PDF format. These pages get updated a lot as usage experiences grow, so I’d recommend book marking that link to refer to it later. 

Further, keep tabs on the S1 forum in general as you’ll find a lot of helpful tips and hints of usage from folks using the S1 at actual gigs. I’ve found it to be a wealth of useful info. 

Enjoy your new S1, I’ve loved mine. 

Perfect!  That link will be extremely useful CityFolk… thank you so much!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hiii i need to know if the s1 pro is connected to charger while playing.. is it consuming from battery or ac power? And if it is charging while playing? Thanks.. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tarek,

Tarek posted:

Hiii i need to know if the s1 pro is connected to charger while playing.. is it consuming from battery or ac power?

If connected to AC power, the S1 Pro runs off AC power. There is no drain on the battery.

And if it is charging while playing? Thanks.. 

Whenever the S1 Pro is connected to AC power, regardless of the position of the power switch, the unit will trickle-charge the battery unless the battery is fully charged.

Did that tell you what you want to know?

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

@ST thank youuuu soooo much you are sooo helpful bro

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hi @ST , kindly i need your support as today i tried the new jbl eon compact and it's waaay better than bose.. i didn't expect this at all.. specially in mid range.. i thought will be only better in low end as it has a 8" subwoofer.. but actually it's all better than the bose.. clear voice and great low end bass .. olease i need to know how a 2 way speaker is better than the bose with 3 drivers?.. kindly need your support and facts.. about this .

Thanks

Moved to new discussion. Please don't reply to this post.