Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 13, 2009

Re: Compact with Packlite + B1

I checked it out but it's a rack gear too. I really like the size of the Rolls Tiny crossover so I can just put it next to my packlite discretely. Thanks for the reply.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Richard, Award Entertainment:
Hi Exodus, I bought my Rolls Crossover from Amazon.com. There's a stereo crossover at The Rockshop which looks interesting, has a sub output and which isn't too expensive. If I read correctly, that would be quite funky for a pair of Compacts, a Packlite and a B1 or B2.
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 13, 2009

Hi Nick. Please let me know once you've done it? I can't seem to find it there either. Thanks mate.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick from New Zealand:
Exodus - I can't find a real local supplier either. I'm thinking I'll just order from Amazon for $82 US.
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 9, 2005

Nick & Exodus, here's the link to the Rolls SX-21 Crossover at Amazon. This retailer doesn't ship to New Zealand, but you can set up a NZ Post YouShop account and that gives you a USA address for deliveries. That's how I got my DJ mixing desk and last pair of running shoes.
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 13, 2009

Hi DJ Richard,

I did exactly what you said and created a YouShop account and ordered the Rolls SX21 Tiny Crossover from Amazon for US$67.00. It's on the way to NZ and apparently arriving next week. Can't wait. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again DJ Richard for the tip. Nick, I think you should go for it too.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Richard, Award Entertainment:
Nick & Exodus, here's the link to the Rolls SX-21 Crossover at Amazon. This retailer doesn't ship to New Zealand, but you can set up a NZ Post YouShop account and that gives you a USA address for deliveries. That's how I got my DJ mixing desk and last pair of running shoes.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

I have been kicking this around for some time. I just recently injured my back, so I sold both the powered subs I have. I just recently scored a Packlite on eBay. Why not come out of the main out of the Compact into the Rolls, than into the Packlite/B1 or B2? Also, have seen some newer model powered subs that look intriguing. The Fender PS512 and EV makes a similar sized powere sub. They come in about the same sized specs as the B2.
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi macheted01,

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope feel better soon. In the meantime, take extra care. Congratulations on getting the A1 PackLite.

Yes - you can take a line out of the Compact Line Out to a crossover (like the Rolls) and from there to the A1 Packlite and B1 or B2. DrumrPete posted his report:

Mic'ing Kick drum with L1 Compact, Rolls SX21 tiny crossover, and Bose Ext. Bass Pkg.

I hope that helps.

ST
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Thanks ST. I purchased the Rolls when I discovered it on here, earlier on. Will be getting a B2 sooner or later. Having the different options of add ons, is nice.
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi macheted01,

Be sure to tell us what you hear and how you like it when you get everything all wired up.

Thanks!

ST
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 19, 2017

I just can't get enough bass (I am a drummer, so that could explain it) so for what it's worth, I just bought the Roll's SX21 and a Packlite for use with my Compact and a pair of B1's I had and I LIKE it   I have become a Bose devotee !!!  Oh, I was messing around and thought I would just play some music through it using the RCA's and just used the line out of the Compact into the SX21 (didn't use the T1) made for a lot cleaner setup ONLY 3 outlets  and added nice bass YES probably to much bass for most but ...... 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

I'm a very recent L1 Compact owner and so far really loving it! Sounds great with the prerecorded music playback we've been throwing at it and my wife is very pleased as well which is always good

For my own preference, I'd like to be able to add more punch to the bass which is why I'm looking at taking the same approach of adding an outboard crossover, Packlite, and B1 to use with it.

Can anyone contrast this option against other approaches such as using a powered subwoofer? I'm looking at the Behringer B1200 as one option. Part of me likes the idea of using the Packlite + B1, but another part would prefer a simpler approach where the sub would have an integral crossover and involve fewer boxes. It's a tradeoff. Not sure of the quality of that unit, but it's a lot less expensive and more compact.

At this point I already have hooked up a Bluetooth audio receiver + power adapter cabled to it, not wanting to add too much more outboard stuff but would like more bass.

I guess I could have chosen a different system that included Bluetooth and had more oomph, but in actuality the ones I tested didn't sound as nice as the Bose.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on the various options available today vs when this thread was first posted?