Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aipham66
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Complete BOSE setup

I bought 2 Bose L1 compact, 2 Bose S1, 1 Bose Sub1, and Bose T8s. Can someone help to layout the connections for my system to get the best sounds out of them for a mini live band? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dylan_R

Re: Complete BOSE setup

Author Accepted Answer selected by aipham66

Hi aipham66! 

There are a few different ways you could arrange this setup.

Would you be using the S1 Pros for separate monitor mixes, or to play the same master mix as the L1 Compacts? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dylan_R

Author Accepted Answer selected by aipham66

Hi aipham66! 

There are a few different ways you could arrange this setup.

Would you be using the S1 Pros for separate monitor mixes, or to play the same master mix as the L1 Compacts? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

aipham66
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

I’d like to play the same master mix as the l1 compact but which one better? Thanks!

Dylan_R

Hey aipham66,

Thank you for confirming - in that case, I'd recommend the following setup:

1. Connect the T8S mixer's left & right stereo outputs (XLR or 1/4") to the two L1 Compact systems.

2. Connect from the 'Main (Bal\Unbal)' outputs on the L1 Compacts to the two S1 Pro systems using 1/4" jack cables, maintaining the stereo image and balance.

3. Connect the 'Line Outs' on the S1 Pro to the Sub1 bass module.

4. Make sure that additional reverbs, delays or ToneMatch presets are NOT applied on the L1 and S1 systems, so all FX processing is handled by the T8S for a cleaner overall sound.

Hope this helps!

aipham66
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Thanks you much!

aipham66
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Hi Dylan,

For step #3 from your instruction, would it be the same result if I connect the Line Out on the L1 Compact to the Sub1 bass module? Thanks!

Dylan_R

Hey aipham66,

Yep, it would be! On the L1 Compact, the line output is labelled 'Main (Bal/Unbal).

aipham66
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Thank you!