Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BabyBlueEyes
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2004

Re: Completely new set up - Solo singer

quote:
They seem to have a slightly different model at my local soundcontrol.co.uk shop, why is that?

Hi, Michelle,

Is it different than this?:

Soundcontrol L1 page

Just curious.
saharac
Registered since

Apr 27, 2007

Thats the exact one. is it different or am i imagining? they called it 'radiator'
BabyBlueEyes
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2004

Yes, that's right. Cylindrical Radiator Loudspeaker.

That's the one. It's a Model I. The Model II is supposed to be available in late spring over here, but I don't know about Europe. I think I have read later, but how much I don't know, or if "later" is accurate.
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Hi Michelle, Glad you made it to both the forum and the "right" decision to buy an L1. Being a newbie not so long ago after buying my L1 from Sound Control in Southampton, I think I know exactly how you feel. Having said that, with the help of all the guys in this community, you will learn quickly and have that enormous grin that L1 users have when setting up, performing, and breaking the gear down. That is if you don't get fed up with all the people that are fascinated by the awesome sound from the "new approach" and want to spend the rest of the night asking lots and lots of questions!! The reason that I'm posting is that I do exactly what you plan on doing and have been for many years but I'm just down the road from you in middlesex and more than willing to help you with choosing equipment and passing on anything that I have picked up using my L1. You'll find my number on my site.

Harry
saharac
Registered since

Apr 27, 2007

Hi Harry
Thanks for your reply. I'd really love some help with things, and I'd love to come hear your set. Please give me the link to your site.

Thanks
Michelle