Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Connecting Bose to RC 300 Looper

Hi Everyone...sure could use your help on this problem.

Issue: Trying to produce Demo quality Vocals/Guitar to create MP3 files to secure performance gigs.

Backstory: Using the L1 Model 11 with T1 Tonematch.

1) have connected a "Countryman" headset mic into the T1

2) Have an AKG high quality mic in front of a Fender Twin Reverb Amp and plugged into input #2 on the T1

Problem: I'm trying to send the "output" ((both voice/guitar) from the Bose into the main input of the RC 300 Looper to produce a demo MP3 file. If I plug the voice mic and the Fender Twin Reverb mIc, directly into the 300 Looper, works just great...but the Looper has no reverb or other controls...that's why I want to take the total output from the Bose into the Looper...that';s where I'm stuck...which output from the Bose System or the T1 should I use to feed into the Looper.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Connecting Bose to RC 300 Looper

IF the RC300 is your only available recording device...The answer to your basic question and if you're not going to do any looping, use a shortish guitar cord - 1/4" to 1/4" - from one output channel of the T1 to either the left or right input channel on the RC300 to use the RC300 as a basic recorder.

The RC300 records tracks as 16 bit, 44.1 kHz WAV files.  You could use it as the basic recorder, copy the tracks into a computer using the USB connection and import the tracks into multi track software like Audacity (free) for post-mixing and if necessary conversion to MP3...

Another option is: a quick check on-line (B&H) found this today: Zoom H1n 2-Input / 2-Track Portable Handy Recorder with Onboard X/Y Microphone (Gray) for $80.  ($40...

If you have a camera tripod (cheap one is around $20 or use a table top) that's all you need to record your performance as high quality audio files on a memory card.  You can also use it to record your live gigs.

Then I'd use the RC300 as designed BUT:

I'd input the microphone (With converter/cord XLR female to 1/4" male) into the LEFT channel of the RC300, the Guitar into the RIGHT Channel of the RC300 to record the tracks and overdubs.

Route the outputs of the RC300 into two channels on the T1 to add different presets/effects on the vocal (L) and guitar (R) channels.

I'm assuming you're going to overdub loops?  Otherwise, I'd not use the RC300 at all and just go direct into the T1, add effects and record the performances using the mics on the H1n.

Record the LIVE sound on the H1n or another high quality recorder either as a stereo WAV file which could be used on a computer with free software like CDBurnerXP to make CDs you can give out or as a stereo MP3 -- although I don't know why you want the tracks as MP3 files unless you're going to put it on an iPad/iPod/phone to play for potential bookers.  If you've recorded much higher quality WAV files, you can convert them to MP3 using software like Audacity or the file conversion program in DVDVideoSoft Free Studio.

I monitor my email most of most days so if you have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask them.  Good luck.