Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Connecting Boss Gt-1 to L1 compact

When connecting a Boss GT-1 to L1 Compact, do I need to have the line input set to the "up" position?  I don't get as much volume when I have it in the "up" (acoustic guitar) position.  

thx

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Boss Gt-1 to L1 compact

Hi msucoloski,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Bose forum!

Having the input 2 switch set to the 'up' position applies a ToneMatch preset to the incoming signal. This preset is designed specifically for enhancing acoustic guitar, so it may sound odd when this processing is applied to other instruments going into input 2.

For anything that isn't an acoustic guitar, I recommend setting this switch 'Line Level':

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Thanks for the reply - so - while the guitar is an acoustic guitar - it is being connecting through the Gt-1 pedal.  So - the question is do I use the tone match setting while the acoustic guitar is running through the pedal?  Does that make sense?  so there is a device in between the guitar and the L1 compact

Highlighted

Hey msucoloski!

Adding more layers of processing will detract from the quality of the original signal. As the GT-1 pedal is already being used for processing, I'd advise leaving ToneMatch processing off on the L1 Compact.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Thanks!