Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Connecting MacBook Pro to T8S via USB from PC

New MacBook Pro and new T8S mixer with L1 Model II. I Connected MacBook Pro to T8S via "USB from PC" in Prefs. It indicates that there is "USB connected", but there is no signal. The only options in Prefs are None, Aux In, and Master L&R. How do I route/assign the USB signal to a channel, or to two channels, i.e. 7&8?  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Connecting MacBook Pro to T8S via USB from PC

Hi Steve,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Congratulations on getting your T8S.  It sounds like you need to update your firmware. Please follow this link.

T4S/T8S Firmware Update Instructions

Then check out

T8S USB from PC

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Thanks ST. Downloaded the firmware to latest version 1.1.4. I now have channels 7 & 8 as options in Prefs. Connected exactly as in the video "USB from PC to Channels". 7 panned hard left, 8 panned hard right, both channels set to DJ Playback-High Volume Music. However, still no signal to 7 & 8. Also no signal when selecting Master R&L. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Downloaded new version firmware 1.1.4. I now have channels 7&8 as options in Prefs. Set up exactly as in the video "USB B from PC to Channels". Channel 7 panned hard left, channel 8 panned hard right. Both channels set to DJ/Playback-High Volume Music. Still no signal to 7&8. Also no signal when just using Master R&L.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Discovered I needed to switch "Sounds" in System Preferences on MacBook from "Internal Speakers" to "T8S Tone Match". Now getting signal to 7&8. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Steve,

Steve posted:

Discovered I needed to switch "Sounds" in System Preferences on MacBook from "Internal Speakers" to "T8S Tone Match". Now getting signal to 7&8. Thanks. 

It sounds like you got everything working. Thanks for coming back to tell us what you did.

Cheers,

ST