MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Re: Connecting T1-->T4S

Yes - makes perfect sense.  I just walked through all of this now, looks good!

The reason I asked is because there is an option to send the Aux1 or Aux2 Output and it comes programmed as "muted" then you can disengage that to show 50% for level and then a dry, post and pre....so should I engage the send to 50% and dry?  I assume muted, is exactly as it sounds and nothing would come out.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Matt,

You're right - if you choose muted, you'll hear nothing.

ST

MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

All set up and ready to rock, @ST!  Thanks again for your help - you're the best!

The last question, I am not upgraded to the newest software on the T4S.  I don't have the cable to perform the update; not sure if I will prior to Saturday.  IS there a huge difference/disadvantage to being on 1.01?  Thanks again for your incredible help!

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Matt,

You may have the required cable kicking around someplace. It's the kind of cable you use to connect a printer to a PC. If you don't have one, most stores that sell printers can sell you one.

Here's how you do the update.

It may look complicated but you can follow the video step-by-step and pause it if you need to, along the way.

We're up to firmware version 1.0.6. You can read the T4S/T8S Version history.

There have been several changes since version 1.0.1, including corrections to the routing of Aux 1 and Aux 2, routing of USB B from PC, and improvements to the way reverb is handled on the Aux 1 output. 

It's only Wednesday. Please do the firmware update before the gig.

ST

MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Cool!  I just updated - it was super easy after following that video; thank you!

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Matt,

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

I'm glad the video was helpful.

You're all set.

ST

MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

I was messing with the sends from the T4s....does Aux 5/6 not make it to the Aux out? I sent the T1 signal to Aux 5. Then the aux out 1 or 2 wasn’t getting a signal. But then I sent the T1 signal to Ch4 in T4s and the aux 1 and 2 were getting a signal. Is it a thing that aux in doesn’t make aux out? It’s ok if so, I can route T1 into a main channel. But maybe I’m missing something @ST?

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Matt,

You're right, the Aux inputs are routed to the Main Output (only). That's why we are connecting the L1® Compact to the Main Output.

T4S to L1 Model 1S and L1 Compact

ST

MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Yep, sounds good.  After some fiddling, I will end up sending the T1 to CH4 in my T4s.  Turns out I am using the system a bit different:

T1: Fiddle player, guitar and 1vox -->Ch4 T4s (wet send, flat receive in T4s)

T4s: 1Vox, guitar (Ch4 having the wet T1)

T4s: Digital power from wall, Aux 1 Send to Compact for monitor, main out RIGHT (all panned) to house system XLR and they control loudness as I'll send a relatively hot signal.

This worked in my dry run last night; sound about right for this application use?

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Matt,

Thanks for coming back to tell us how you are using your T1® and T4S.

ST