Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Connecting T4S Tonematch mixer to ProFX12v3 Mackie MIxer

If you're running stereo from a backing track player then run TWO cables from the TWO output ports into their desk and pan each channel on the desk left and right.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

"The challenge: Their sound is horrible."

You can plug all the best top of the line devices, the sweetest sounding gizmos you'll ever find into a sound system that sounds horrible and it's not going to improve a horrible sounding system.

Their horrible sounding system will degrade ANY sound source input.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

May 25, 2004

@ScubaBadger posted:

"The challenge: Their sound is horrible."

You can plug all the best top of the line devices, the sweetest sounding gizmos you'll ever find into a sound system that sounds horrible and it's not going to improve a horrible sounding system.

Their horrible sounding system will degrade ANY sound source input.

Hi ScubaBadger,

I might agree that not all systems can be improved with a Bose T mixer, but many, if not most, can. On several occasions I have used the S1 line out, the Compact line out, or the T1 as a feed to house systems and got very good results.

Most times the system is not the issue, the way it is setup is the issue, or the person who is in control is the issue. 

Sometimes we have to adapt to the wishes of management at the venues we play. Sometimes, even when not required by management, adapting to the house system is the only way to make the time spent, cost effective.

Almost all modern, name brand systems, have a decent overall frequency response that works well with Bose eq and presets. I have experienced some amazing results using the Compact line out into both marginal and high end house systems.

A few years back I purchased an inexpensive, powered, full range system to use at a recurring gig where I wanted to leave the system in house and connect to it with the Compact. The difference between going direct into the inexpensive system and running through the Compact first is night and day.

One of the great features of the T series of mixers is being able to carry your sound with you. Yes, it might be better with the Bose system you created your scenes with, but it will be much easier to get good results on a strange system if you start with your own mix. 

O..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

@Oldghm posted:

Hi ScubaBadger,

I might agree that not all systems can be improved with a Bose T mixer, but many, if not most, can. On several occasions I have used the S1 line out, the Compact line out, or the T1 as a feed to house systems and got very good results.

Most times the system is not the issue, the way it is setup is the issue, or the person who is in control is the issue. 

Sometimes we have to adapt to the wishes of management at the venues we play. Sometimes, even when not required by management, adapting to the house system is the only way to make the time spent, cost effective.

Almost all modern, name brand systems, have a decent overall frequency response that works well with Bose eq and presets. I have experienced some amazing results using the Compact line out into both marginal and high end house systems.

A few years back I purchased an inexpensive, powered, full range system to use at a recurring gig where I wanted to leave the system in house and connect to it with the Compact. The difference between going direct into the inexpensive system and running through the Compact first is night and day.

One of the great features of the T series of mixers is being able to carry your sound with you. Yes, it might be better with the Bose system you created your scenes with, but it will be much easier to get good results on a strange system if you start with your own mix. 

O..

No argument there, BOSE can improve..

But if the system as described sounds horrible then a better version of horrible is what you'll get.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Hi ScubaBadger,

DMC later said, "And it's not that the sound is horrible, it's just that I don't know the Mackie board nearly as well as I do the T4S Mixer and I don't want to waste gigs where they're paying me to figure it out."

Maybe you'd like to share your personal experiences of utilizing a Bose mixer or Compact, or S1, as an interface with other brand sound equipment.

O..

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Just an update, you guys. I did the gig, hooked in the tonematch mixer, and it WORKED! So relieved!

I leaned on this way the most:

Worked for me.

Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and assistance!

- Douglas

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Douglas (DMC).

@DMC posted:
Just an update, you guys. I did the gig, hooked in the tonematch mixer, and it WORKED! So relieved!
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

Worked for me.

Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and assistance!

- Douglas

Thanks for coming back to tell us.

That's terrific.

ST