cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Connecting VoiceLive to T-1/L-1 setup???

I purchased a T-1 to have more control over my live mix and am now trying to work out some configuration issues. Currently, I have the vocal mic going into the T-1 (channel 1), with a send to the VoiceLive and then out to the t-1 (channel 2). Acoustic guitar goes into channel 3, with an out to a looper coming in on channel 4.

My question is, would it be better to run the mic directly into the VoiceLive and then into the T-1? Currently, the setup above has the initial vocal always unprocessed, which can mess with some arrangements.

Any thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Connecting VoiceLive to T-1/L-1 setup???

Hi El Rancho Deluxe,

Yes, I think it will be simplest to run the microphone directly to the VoiceLive. There is a switch on the back you have change if you run this way. I'll see if I can find you a picture.

From the VoiceLive Manual
"MIC IN SELECT Button - This selects the
microphone for the Vocal input. When not
pressed, VoiceLive defaults to the Line
input."

Here's a picture.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Thanks.

I'd recently done a Sketcher drawing of my set up that I'd love to post for comments on a more efficient wiring option. Is it on that forum?
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi El Rancho Deluxe,

Thanks for using The Sketcher!

Sorry to keep you waiting for this. The step of getting it into the forum is manual (a human has to do it).

It's been a busy day here.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.

Blue filled numbers are Channel connections to/from the T1 ToneMatch™ audio engine.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting El Rancho Deluxe from The Sketcher
quote:
1. Primary vocal mic goes from T-1 (ch1) to VoiceLive, then back to T-1 (ch2).

2. Guitar goes to T-1 (ch3), then out to effects pedal, then into loper (Boss RC-50), then back to T-1 (ch4).

3. Mic goes directly into looper (Boss RC-50), then back to T-1 (ch5).

4. T-1 goes back to the L-1 and inserted into channel 3.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi El Rancho Deluxe,

I am not sure what you are doing with microphone "Mic goes directly into looper (Boss RC-50), then back to T-1 (ch5)".

Are you trying to pick up the fully blended signal (you, guitar, loops)?

If so...

Have you tried using the "Aux" output instead? You would have to turn on the Aux on each channel. You don't get reverb on the Aux output, but I'm not sure I'd want to send reverb into a looper.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Actually, the original goal of the extra mic was to pick up vocals or percussion parts to be looped. The guitar goes into the looper separately; post effects.

In rethinking the wiring, I'm wondering if it would make more sense to take a feed off the VoiceLive channel to go to the looper instead...
NetTek
Registered since

Nov 1, 2005

I think the VoiceLive does an outstanding job of vocal processing (EQ, compression, reverb, etc.), so I've always set mine up with the mic directly connected to the VoiceLive, then the output running via TRS/TRS cable to ch. 4 of the T1, preset to "Shure SM58" (The mic type I'm using). No adjustments made on the T1 other than gain trim.

The cabling did get a little more complex with the addition of the Harmony Control box for the VoiceLive, which controls key and scale changes based upon what's being played on the guitar. Obviously, you need to feed a signal to the HC box to read the chord changes, but I don't use the VoiceLive to process my guitars. So now, I feed the HC box with the AUX output of the T1. For example, I use channels 1,2 & 3 on the T1 for my three guitars. The block diagram would look like this:

Guitars --> T1 input 1-2-3 --> T1 AUX (Pre Fader, no efx) --> Harmony Control In --> Harmony Control Out --> Outboard Tuner

If you wanted to feed a looper with your processed vocals, I would recommend putting it in series with your VoiceLive. I know the Digitech Jamman has a blanced input, so you run a short TRS/XLR cable from the VoiceLive to the Jamman, then the output of the Jamman to the T1.

If you wanted a separate channel for the looper, make sure the output balance on the VoiceLive is centered, then take the left output direct to the T1, and then use the right output to feed the looper, then from the looper back to the T1.

Hope this helps,
Dave
ranchbreakfast
Registered since

Sep 27, 2007

One question. I'm thinking about getting a VoiceLive... is it worth it? I'm doing a solo act L1 classic, B1, T1, XT Live. Just no <darn> harmony! 700 is a chunk of cash. Any thoughts/advice from VoiceLive users?

Chris
www.myspace.com/chrisheers

[Ken-at-Bose changed a disallowed word according to our Terms of Service -- see the link at the bottom of every message board page]