Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Contest: Post an L1® gig report for a chance to win a little piece of history

Let's have some fun.

Post a gig report telling us about a recent experience with an L1® Classic / Model I, Model II or Co....

At the end of the month I'll pick a post at random from all the posts in this thread. The author of that post will win this little piece of history from the early days.

I'll be digging deep in my archives for some other artifacts.

This is from me to you (not sponsored by Bose) and I'm doing it because of a recent gig where every problem on the cards in the picture was solved by an L1®.

So write about a recent experience with your L1® (any model) at a gig and let's have some fun.

ST
5 REPLIES 5
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Re: Contest: Post an L1® gig report for a chance to win a little piece of history

Hi

Did a recent show with 2 compacts providing vocals and keyboards with some tracks also to a large room with 160 people. I flooded the dance floor with sound......the Compacts ruled!!! Got many compliments on the sound. I also have a Model2 2/B1's. Decided to see if 2 compacts could do the gig.....They did!
Mister_D
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2010

Re: Contest: Post an L1® gig report for a chance to win a little piece of history

I just did a Ballroom Dance for a private club. They had rented the hall at an Elks Lodge. The room was pretty big and the dance floor was just as big as the seating room, which is why they rent there. Ballroom dancers like BIG dance floors. I was there 2 hours early to set up and get a little rehearsal in before the gig. After about 45 minutes of rehearsing the wife and I headed for the bar section to get something to drink when a lady stopped us on the dance floor and introduced herself. She was listening in on my rehearsal, and wanted a card because she was the one that hires the entertainment for that Lodge and wants me on the schedule. L1 Model ll with a T1 and a Neumann KMS 105. Along with Pod HD500 and a Fender Strat. I don't leave home without them.
lyoung116
Registered since

Apr 17, 2016

Every Nov or Dec for the past 5 years or so I DJ at a very large banquet hall. I used to just play during band breaks with my L1 model 1, but last year I Djed and my friend and I sang in a duo. He was impressed by how good his guitar and our vocals sounded on the Bose. The band always admired my Bose system. I always get compliments on the sound at every DJ gig I do with it. I am spoiled! I use my spare JBL speakers, and miss the clarity and crisp sound of the Bose. It's so much lighter, too!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi LYoung116,

Thank you for joining the Forum.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks to everybody for participating.

Mister "D" Please send me a Private Message with your mailing address.

Thanks!

ST