klh1
Registered since

Feb 4, 2008

Re: Creative L1 Compact Uses

Oh yeah, and thanks for the criticism Jazz Singer. Maybe one day you will post a video and I can help you out as well.
Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

For the discussion about batteries please see:

Running an L1® on Batteries

Thank you.
keywestpirate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2011

Needless to say, I have outdoor gigs all year long. Some small cafes or large pool areas. To be honest, I never thought the the original L1 models were worth the bucks, but when the Compacts were released I had to try one. Wow, I use my second system linked for larger areas and it just kicks butt! I constantly get the compliment that they outperform the Model I & II's
saggio
Registered since

Apr 26, 2004

I'm new at this. where can i buy a gel cell battery pack? how much are they? can they be recharged?

quote:
Originally posted by JazzSinger1954:
Rock on k man rock on! You play some good hard guitar don't you know? Solid brother really solid. I absolutely love my compacts. If you get a gel cell battery pack a with maybe 20 or 21 amp hours output, I'm telling you you can run that compact for 5 hours on that dude! You can take it to the streets and never need an extension cord! I only have 1 little suggestion I would like to make to you, and it might not apply to every song you play. When you get to the verse back off of the guitar just a little bit to make room for your voice. Just a little bit of dynamic change between the verse and the chorus will serve you well.

Keep working it and to go Bose!

James
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

Hey Saggio,

Check out Sears and Walmart. Go on Amazon and look around because they have very helpful user reviews you can read. At least 20 amp hours is what I would recommend. The wiki article by Bose engineering is awesome and completely helpful! Play on!
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

quote:
Originally posted by klh:
Oh yeah, and thanks for the criticism Jazz Singer. Maybe one day you will post a video and I can help you out as well.

Klh, I will absolutely do that one day soon and let you know when I do. I've had a lot to handle with some family illness this year, so I have been MIA since these posts. Hope everything is going great for you.
desertguy
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

I've had my L1 Compact for about 2 years. It has never let me down and continues to do an excellent job. I have a mic connected to the mic channel that is used for vocals and by the trumpet player; I play a Korg PA3X connected to a small mixer which is connected to the RCA inputs on the L1 Compact. My PA3X L & R channels contain all the arranger audio and channels 1 & 2 contain my vocals. It simply sounds great! I play an average of 75 gigs a year.
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

Sounds like you've got a good thing going on! I love the sound of my Compacts. So clear with such presence. People can tell the difference between the Bose sound and big boxes on sticks.

I bet the Korg sounds great. What kind of mic are you using and what kind of music and venues do you play?
rick330man
Registered since

Mar 17, 2012

I'm a 30+ year guitar and bass player. but I'm pretty new here. That's because I never saw one of these things until about a month ago - when our singer showed up to band practice with his brand new Compact.

I listened to his explanation of the whole concept. After some brainstorming, the amateur soundman in me came up with a scheme whereby we ran the lead vocal mic into channel 1, as the design concept calls for and everything else into my humble yet trusty Yamaha MG102C mixer, which would go into channel 2. The mixer had my Ibanez bass direct; my vocal mic (Sennheiser 835); our lead guitar direct from his Vox Soundlab pre-amp; his vocal mic (Shure SM 57- not 58); and our lead singer's rhythm guitar coming direct from a POD. No amps. No mic on the drums.

When our experiment was done, we all agreed that this was best tone and mix we had ever pulled off at band practice. We also figured out that our set up time at future practices was going to be significantly cut. It worked!
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

Yes, it's amazing how much better the Bose sound is when compared to what you had before, even if you were using JBL or something else of a higher quality. I have two Compacts and really love the sound. Bose designed them, obviously, for a singer-guitarist/keyboardist solo act in small rooms who may use mp3 tracks in some way. But ever since it's been introduced, people have been trying their best to use it as a full-up PA in some form or fashion. It's really a very versatile piece of gear!

Best of luck to you and enjoy yourself!